What's your belt preference?

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
I personally use a 4" belt all the way around. I feel that it compresses and stabilizes my core more efficiently than a 2.5" front would.

What do you guys use and why?

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Since a belt is meant to give you support around the midsection, a 4" belt all the way around is best. The support of a belt isn't meant to come from the back, but from bracing the abs against the front of the belt. Thus it doesn't make much sense to have a belt that is thinner in the front.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Since a belt is meant to give you support around the midsection, a 4" belt all the way around is best. The support of a belt isn't meant to come from the back, but from bracing the abs against the front of the belt. Thus it doesn't make much sense to have a belt that is thinner in the front.
I agree, but they have a 6" version as well. I've never personally used the 6", but I've used the belts with the 2.5" front and yes, it didn't give me the support I needed. That's when I switched to the 4

dueces138

dueces138

Awards
Im actually in the market for a belt. Recently starting using a friends, but dont know what would be best for me. Bump for some more info.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I got an inzer 10mm its the cat's ass

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya Im actually looking to get one after using a friends for a while. Thinking APT or Inzer personally depends on what they have. I will def be getting a double pronged one though.

dueces138

dueces138

Awards
Yea I think Ill go try some out before I actually get one.Thanks for the helps bros.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
I have the foreign-made 4" suede belt 13mm thickness. Double prong. I love it.

Edit: they're on ebay from "masterfitness"

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to check that inzer out.. I'm currently rockin a 4" toro single prong, and it's nice and sturdy.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
Ya Im actually looking to get one after using a friends for a while. Thinking APT or Inzer personally depends on what they have. I will def be getting a double pronged one though.
I wouldn't recommend a double pronged belt to anyone. It's a gigantic pain to get on and off when you really tighten it down. I've known guys who honestly thought they would have to cut their double prong belt after they tightened it down and couldn't get it off. I'm talking 10-20 minutes of pulling just to try and get the thing unbuckled. The way most decent belts are made a single prong belt will perform just as well and it will be much much much easier to tighten and to unbuckle.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't recommend a double pronged belt to anyone. It's a gigantic pain to get on and off when you really tighten it down. I've known guys who honestly thought they would have to cut their double prong belt after they tightened it down and couldn't get it off. I'm talking 10-20 minutes of pulling just to try and get the thing unbuckled. The way most decent belts are made a single prong belt will perform just as well and it will be much much much easier to tighten and to unbuckle.
I think its mainly because it is what Im used to. Im a big creature of habit.