Legit squat?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ya, that is a good squat, but I thought he was going to fall forward when he hit parallel..

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's LEGIT and impressive ! Wow he actually went all the way down, some people go 90 degrees

that was +500lbs ! the kid looked young too

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your hip was beneath your knee. Good job man, nice max.

Br

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is that you tom?

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Legit in my book. Not pretty but legit!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya, that is a good squat, but I thought he was going to fall forward when he hit parallel..
Idk y but somehow I have some kind of core strength.

That's LEGIT and impressive ! Wow he actually went all the way down, some people go 90 degrees

that was +500lbs ! the kid looked young too
Ya last video I did people basically said "It was a good squat BUT u should have had ur hips below ur knees not just thighes parallel to the ground."

Lol ya I need a hair cut BAD.

Your hip was beneath your knee. Good job man, nice max.

Br
Thanks man was curious to see what u would say after seeing nothing but negative feedback from other BBD memebers.

is that you tom?
Yes seems like I get more feedback if I dont reveal its me.

ROM was good, form sucked. Looked like a Rounded-Back Good Morning there at the end.
Ya that much ROM through me off a bit. That kind of depth was real hard on the hips more than anything.

Legit in my book. Not pretty but legit!
Haha pretty isnt what Im after in this case.

x2..

I thought he was goin down..
All I will say is my core is surprisingly strong. 645 deadlift twice once with a belt and then a few minutes later without.

perico13

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I say fu*k what ever evreyone says **** legit if you were competing they would've counted it.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another thing I will say is I VERY RARELY see videos on here so I hope seeing me post videos will get more people to post videos. I will say this though I probably wont be posting anymore videos for a while :rofl:

Plus if I get some help on my form that would be pretty cool too.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Another thing I will say is I VERY RARELY see videos on here so I hope seeing me post videos will get more people to post videos. I will say this though I probably wont be posting anymore videos for a while :rofl:

Plus if I get some help on my form that would be pretty cool too.
Get a haircut lol..

Your core is ****ing uber strong man!!!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus on keeping your chest up, and "pulling back" with your shoulders and erectors when you're coming out of the hole. I have to concentrate on this same thing - my squats used to look like that. Box Squats and beginning each concentric by "pulling back" has helped alot.

You've got the strength, you just need to keep that back straight to prevent future injury.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus on keeping your chest up, and "pulling back" with your shoulders and erectors when you're coming out of the hole. I have to concentrate on this same thing - my squats used to look like that. Box Squats and beginning each concentric by "pulling back" has helped alot.

You've got the strength, you just need to keep that back straight to prevent future injury.
Thanks man this is the kind of feeback I am really after. Stuff that will actually help me.

Tomahawk,

Do you compete in Pl'ing?
No started thinking about doing it more after this past cycle. My raw strength is there just need to work on my form more especially with it being powerlifting and all. Hopefully I will find a new way of getting videos so I can keep getting help. Lord knows there arent too many people that go heavy where I lift. Plus people seem more afraid to say something to somebody in person. Idk Id like to think Im an approachable person.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man this is the kind of feeback I am really after. Stuff that will actually help me.
Good - I felt a bit bad with the bluntness of my first post after I found out that was you, so I thought something more constructive was due. :)

Another thing I've started doing to combat "good morning"-ing out of the hole is to pull my hands closer together on the bar. This forces the scapulae back and together and sets up the upper back in a "locked" position, making it harder for the back to arch up. I learned that from Kleen.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Good - I felt a bit bad with the bluntness of my first post after I found out that was you, so I thought something more constructive was due. :)

Another thing I've started doing to combat "good morning"-ing out of the hole is to pull my hands closer together on the bar. This forces the scapulae back and together and sets up the upper back in a "locked" position, making it harder for the back to arch up. I learned that from Kleen.
making mental note of the last bit of that... Narrower grip. Got it!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established

No started thinking about doing it more after this past cycle. My raw strength is there just need to work on my form more especially with it being powerlifting and all. Hopefully I will find a new way of getting videos so I can keep getting help. Lord knows there arent too many people that go heavy where I lift. Plus people seem more afraid to say something to somebody in person. Idk Id like to think Im an approachable person.
I think you should get in the game. Join an organization and have at it. God knows you're strong as hell. Plus, you'll enjoy the added comraderie, networking, and you'll learn all the extra techniques by just watching the gents at your meets..I did a local meet and it was hella fun, specially when I just told myself to have fun and I wasn't there to compete against anyone but myself.

I tallied 335/405/455 at my first meet at 230ish. Thereafter, learning some new tricks, I never competed again but I was 205 with a 365/455/505. You can do this!

Do you use a bench shirt/squat suit or train with chains, switching up between power/speed movements?

In my limited experience, I'll help the best I can.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
def. legit, really impressive actually giving the position you got stuck in....focus on popping ur elbows forward and exploding ur hips forward this has always helped me to keep my ass back and back flat....nice work bro!

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tomahawk, nice max on the deadlift. For a max, you did a lot of pulling with your hips too, which is good.

For working weight, I would suggest you work to set your lumbar better. Even though your hips were low, your back was still rounded at the start of the lift. This could be due to fatigue, but may also be due to muscular imbalances. Most commonly, it is the result of tight hamstrings (and often cross-lower body syndrome). Tight hamstrings will pull your pelvis underneath you (make you go duck butt) before the lift begins. Start stretching your hamstrings each night. I'd also suggest, if you don't already do so, to perform a few sets of glute activation before dead lifting.

Impressive weight! Hate the octagon plates.

Br

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tomahawk, nice max on the deadlift. For a max, you did a lot of pulling with your hips too, which is good.

For working weight, I would suggest you work to set your lumbar better. Even though your hips were low, your back was still rounded at the start of the lift. This could be due to fatigue, but may also be due to muscular imbalances. Most commonly, it is the result of tight hamstrings (and often cross-lower body syndrome). Tight hamstrings will pull your pelvis underneath you (make you go duck butt) before the lift begins. Start stretching your hamstrings each night. I'd also suggest, if you don't already do so, to perform a few sets of glute activation before dead lifting.

Impressive weight! Hate the octagon plates.

Br
Do u mind checking out my log? I have a video of me deadlifting more weight. It def isnt clean which is y Id like some feedback. It was after doing a max a little bit earlier.

Thanks and I will work on that. Been feeling a weird tightness in the back area of my knee.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok for the people who wont click a link now.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Hey Tom, I showed my 12 yr old son your lifts and he had this look of amazement and said "that's just ... ridiculous." I said "I know."

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Tom, I showed my 12 yr old son your lifts and he had this look of amazement and said "that's just ... ridiculous." I said "I know."
Haha that is awesome man. Glad to hear a 12 year old boy can appreciate it now if we could only get the females to lol. U def made me smile a bit with that.

What are you gonna get? I have a dual prong inzer and love it!
Im not 100% sure. Plan on going to a local Sci-Fit(dont know how well known they are) but the owner up there powerlifts and should have a decent stock of belts.

I know I want a double prong and its probably between APT(most likely) and Inzer. APT is what I have been using and I like it.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very impressive lift.

My only concern would be in form doing this on a weekly basis. Your back rounds and your hips raise before your shoulders, placing a lot of stress on the lumbar vertebrae (as the vertebrae shift from a flexed position to an extended). This is ok when maxing out, but on a regular basis will slowly wear away at the intervertebral disks, and can lead to a slipped or even ruptured disk.

Br

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff up in here!!! Motivating!!!

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
For the deadlift: I think if you kept your head neutral instead of trying to look straight ahead you wouldn't extend so much at your low back and would be able to finish harder with the glutes.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i jsut wanna say jsut readin this post has really helped me, u guys give great advice, i never realized so much went into a dadlift, its definetely helping my form, deads are one of my least favorite but hopefully with working on form and really squeezing(which ive never done) it will become a favorite!