need some serious help

sportsk91

Awards
hi im new to this, im looking for a 6 day program either that hits muscles once or twice a week. and how many exercises sets and reps do i have to do
im looking to keep myself really fit, but build some muscle
any1 got any ideas

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
Send me an email @ [email protected] . No one is going to lay everything out for you for free or give you a customized plan. I'd love to help you out if you have the time to commit to a program. There is no one training program that is best for anyone. I have used so many training programs in the past I can't even name them all. I have combined everything I have learned about my body, its' specific training needs, and all the principles and ideas from different training styles that work for me, and I have made them into a custom training program. You have to know your own body well enough to explain it to someone else before you could ever expect anyone to help you create a fitness plan that trully suits you best.

Short answer - Yes. Myself or anyone else could give you a 6 training days per week, 1 or 2 times each bodypart, workout plan, but that isn't going to necessarily be what is best for you and your ultimate goals.

BEAST

drvinnybombat

Awards
Two workout plans were better than the rest for me. CrossFit and any version of the old 70s 5x5 routine that Bill Starr originated. CrossFit is similar to what firefighters and marines do, but don't be intimidated, it is scaled to your fitness level. There are short workouts of the day on their website that are done against a clock, and will improve endurance. The 5x5s are for strength. You can use the excel template in the link below to organize this routine.

The problem with both is that unless you are overly modest about your beginner status, you will need to learn the lifts. Don't imitate others; half of everyone do the meaningful lifts (squat, clean, row) totally wrong. You can watch videos on the crossfit.com about all of this, and what to do if you need to make pullups easier, etc.

Personally, I really didn't know what I was doing until I found CrossFit. I felt like I had wasted all of my effort until I went through the website. They have a lot of information and will help you to avoid run of the mill routines where you lift nearly the same weight month after month.

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hi im new to this, im looking for a 6 day program either that hits muscles once or twice a week. and how many exercises sets and reps do i have to do
im looking to keep myself really fit, but build some muscle
any1 got any ideas

be more specific man ! How old ? How tall ? what's your bf ? how much do you weight ? what kinda body type do you have ?

Sweekaters

Awards
I would honestly recommend Starting Strength to anyone beginning weight training, regardless of goals. At this stage you don't really know enough about your body to put together a customized plan, by doing a basic strength program you can add mass and learn how your body responds to things.

drvinnybombat

Awards
BTW, Starting strength is a 6 day program as far as i'm concerned. Just take at least one day off per week, two if its a tough lifting week, and do cardio on the off days. I would interval train the day after workout A and then a moderate jog after workout B. If weight loss a goal, then run 10 min after lifting as well, if not then avoid it.

Having days for just cardio is especially helpful when you're starting out.

sportsk91

Awards
well im 19 years old, abt 5ft 1 in height, abt 9st 5 in weight which is abt 60kg. i heard abt crossfit training isnt that a mixture of strength, endurance, fitness etc. i have onli just got back in traning as i have just came out of the raf due to an ankle problem and i just tried to get bk in it. i wana get into the best shape of my life but have a mixture of everything strength, endurance etc. i usually did 6 days a week one muscle a day routine and running 3-5miles a day