Workout for upper inside of legs

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey all. Just started flagg football this past week end and do I ache.:eek5:.LOL
Anyways. Im really sore in the inside of my upper leg(groin into hammies)
What can I do to strengthen these puppies up. Im playing O line so, think i forgot to work those muscle,s. Besides that just my upper chest and shoulders are sore from blocking. But I know what to hit them with. Any help much appreiciated

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey all. Just started flagg football this past week end and do I ache.:eek5:.LOL
What can I do to strengthen these puppies up. Im playing O line so, think i forgot to work those muscle,s. Besides that just my upper chest and shoulders are sore from blocking. But I know what to hit them with. Any help much appreiciated
Spread your legs further out on squats.. Feet placement wider, toes pointed outward.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The hip adductor machine will help. I've always found that different leg placement on squats and leg presses (like gamer mentioned) works well enough and you'll get more overall strength gains from these. But, the adductor does focus directly on the area you mentioned.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
The hip adductor machine will help. I've always found that different leg placement on squats and leg presses (like gamer mentioned) works well enough and you'll get more overall strength gains from these. But, the adductor does focus directly on the area you mentioned.

i never have the energy to do them at the end of a leg day lol

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lateral lunges

Stretch out the fascia and improve elasticity. Foam rolling the entire adductor region along with the gracilis will also help to release the tension and improve mobility.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lateral lunges

Stretch out the fascia and improve elasticity. Foam rolling the entire adductor region along with the gracilis will also help to release the tension and improve mobility.
Very solid idea. I like :sombrero:

radiodude

radiodude

Awards
Funny, cause the EXACT same thing happened to me last week for the same reason. I'm definitely going to try to go wider on my squats this week. Thanks gamer.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK guys thanks alot. I dotn have that abductor machine... So ill go with wider stance on squats/leg presses. And def trying lateral lunges. Man it feels so funny when I walk....I only rode a horse once in my life, but i imagine this is how id feel if I ever did again

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Spread your legs further out on squats.. Feet placement wider, toes pointed outward.
^ Yes. Someone who knows what they're talking about. Listen to this. You do not need "machines" for your abductors/adductors. You just need better form on your squats, front squats, and deadlifts.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks. Iwas also thinking sumo deads? Just because the way your legs are placed so wide

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^ Yes. Someone who knows what they're talking about. Listen to this. You do not need "machines" for your abductors/adductors. You just need better form on your squats, front squats, and deadlifts.
I would agree that you definitely don't need machines by any means, but they're nice to add in every once in a while. In fact, I threw some in at the end of my leg day on Tuesday (maxed out the stack and repped out) and it felt real good afterward.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I would agree that you definitely don't need machines by any means, but they're nice to add in every once in a while. In fact, I threw some in at the end of my leg day on Tuesday (maxed out the stack and repped out) and it felt real good afterward.
As long as you're doing your important exercises and have completed the basics it's fine. Not required, but if you enjoy doing them to have fun, it's fine. I was saying that to say those compound exercises alone will work your abductors and adductors just fine when worked properly.

Machines can further initiate imbalances though if not done properly. One of the benefits to free weights is the use of all the muscles required to perform the lift. With a machine, you're usually isolating specific muscle groups, but if the movement emphasized on the machine is already an isolation exercise, then there's nothing wrong with it as long as you're balancing it with its antagonists.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As long as you're doing your important exercises and have completed the basics it's fine. Not required, but if you enjoy doing them to have fun, it's fine. I was saying that to say those compound exercises alone will work your abductors and adductors just fine when worked properly.

Machines can further initiate imbalances though if not done properly. One of the benefits to free weights is the use of all the muscles required to perform the lift. With a machine, you're usually isolating specific muscle groups, but if the movement emphasized on the machine is already an isolation exercise, then there's nothing wrong with it as long as you're balancing it with its antagonists.
Well put and I agree 100%, my friend :cool: