Please, need training advice while injured.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Next week I go in for arthroscopic shoulder surgery(chronic bursitis). They say I wont be able to lift for 2-4 months, but should make a complete recovery. I normally workout with weights five days a week, but wont be able to "lift/press" anything with my arms during that time frame.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what type of training program to follow to best stay in shape given those limitations? Thanks in advance!

BigFatPanda

BigFatPanda

Awards
Next week I go in for arthroscopic shoulder surgery(chronic bursitis). They say I wont be able to lift for 2-4 months, but should make a complete recovery. I normally workout with weights five days a week, but wont be able to "lift/press" anything with my arms during that time frame.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what type of training program to follow to best stay in shape given those limitations? Thanks in advance!
If you have access to a safety squat bar, you can use that and still squat.

I mean upper body is out of the question for sure. No safety squat bar? Use the smith machine and squat without holding the bar with your hands. It's been done before.

That's all I can come up with.