I was thinking about adding in lat pulldowns, what's your take on them and my routine

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Here's my current routine
Set 1 - Back and Bis
chinups
Barbell Row
Deadlift
EZ Bar curls
Hammer curls

Set 2 - Chest and Tris

Bench
Inclined DB press
Inclined DB flyes
Db Lying Triceps Extension
cable extension

Set 3 - Legs

Squats or Front Squats
Stiff leg deadlift or leg curl
leg extensions
calf raises
Leg Raises

Set 4 - Shoulders
Db Shoulder Press
lying lateral raises
seated rear delt flys
facepull
external rotations
BB Shrugs
DB Shrugs

Day 1: back/bi's
Day 2: chest/tri's
Day 3: off
Day 4: legs
Day 5: shoulders
Day 6: off
Day 7: off

I was thinking about doing pulldowns to add in alittle more lat work. Would this hurt me or help me? I really want to focus on getting a strong back to help with my curved spine.

MongoSS

MongoSS

Awards
If pull ups are easy for you I would opt for weighted pull ups instead of pulldowns. You will get more out of weighted pull ups. You could use them as a finisher perhaps.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If pull ups are easy for you I would opt for weighted pull ups instead of pulldowns. You will get more out of weighted pull ups. You could use them as a finisher perhaps.
Or you could do weighted pull ups as first lift, then rows, then kill your lats with pullodowns.. That is what I like to do :)

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Not good at pullups yet and I'm advancing on chinups.

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like to do wide some wide grip lat pulldowns at the end of my back routine, either those or wide grip pull ups.

Really lights a fire in your lats, especially after they're already tired from other stuff.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Well I think adding in those pulldowns yesterday made my bench suffer today so I'm thinking of adding them in on shoulder days.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or you could do weighted pull ups as first lift, then rows, then kill your lats with pullodowns.. That is what I like to do :)
I would agree with this advice. Destroy them at the end with some drop sets of pulldowns. You can also hold pulldowns at peak contraction much easier than holding yourself up in a pullup.