Squatting with sprained ankle
- 09-05-2010, 09:39 PM
- 09-05-2010, 09:48 PM
If its totally gone in a week why chance it? Just give yourself a nice long break or do stuff that doesn't involve pushing with your legs.True story:
I give a f**K!!
- 09-05-2010, 09:57 PM
09-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Depending on your form and style, you can probably deadlift on it just fine. Make sure you wrap it and at the minimum lace your shoes up very tight. I've seen a lot of people train through this when prepping for a meet or even competing. The squat is tougher because there is more ankle flexion, but the deadlift is pretty much just standing on it; if you can shrug on it, you can likely deadlift. Proceed cautiously and remember that the most intelligent thing to do is to let it heal, but few of us choose that route all the time.
Similar Forum Threads
- By mrlichty in forum Training ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 06-02-2010, 08:12 PM
- By SouthernCharm in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 9Last Post: 05-21-2010, 03:01 PM
- By DerickVonD in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 11-03-2009, 04:32 PM
- By AM07 in forum General ChatReplies: 5Last Post: 06-08-2007, 12:44 AM
- By AM07 in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 06-06-2007, 04:24 PM