arm training rep range

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
of course, my goal is to add more arm mass. ive heard jay cutler say 8 to 10 reps is best. ive heard higher, ive heard lower. what do you guys say?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6-8 reps works the best for my biceps and 8-12 reps for my triceps.

But I guess everyones diff.

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
i go 10 to 12 generally.. lots of drop/super sets..

Ryan101

Awards
like was said - everyone is different. My arms respond better to higher reps with a really good squeeze. In saying that i do some heavy too on arm day

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I mix it up because im crrrraaazzy

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
of course, my goal is to add more arm mass. ive heard jay cutler say 8 to 10 reps is best. ive heard higher, ive heard lower. what do you guys say?
If you want to gain mass in your arms, you need to be doing the compound lifts - squats, deadlifts, etc. If you're doing exercises for arms, I recommend sticking to the 'arm' compounds - dips and close-grip bench, biceps curls and supinated pull-ups, and doing variations of them. As far as reps go, 10-12 reps is generally the "mass building" rep range, but everyone is different and responds to different rep ranges - for example, I gain mass with as low as 4-5 reps, but with as high as 15-20 reps (and always lifting as heavy as I can for the set reps).

~Team APPNUT

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you want to gain mass in your arms, you need to be doing the compound lifts - squats, deadlifts, etc. If you're doing exercises for arms, I recommend sticking to the compounds dips and biceps curls and doing variations of them. As far as reps go, 10-12 reps is generally the "mass building" rep range, but everyone is different and responds to different rep ranges - for example, I gain mass with as low as 4-5 reps, but with as high as 15-20 reps (and always lifting as heacy as I can for the set reps).

~Team APPNUT
whats ur phone number:32:

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
whats ur phone number:32:
I am Rosie's personal guard. She is married. GGRRRR!!! LOL

Any ways. I have been making progress with something like this.
I start off lighter do a set to 15. Go a little heavier rep to 12, and so on to about 6 or 7. After I lighten the load and do a last set for 10-12

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i wish i was rosie's body guard!!! thanks guys. a few months ago i trained them aaallllooooot and they exploded and now they have stayed the same size so im gonna go reps b/t 10 to 12 with drop sets and do them more often. thanks again

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I do antagonistic super-sets when I train arms.

I do a set of ten with biceps, then rest 30 seconds and do a set of ten with triceps, and repeat for three sets before taking a three minute break.

A typical workout would go like this, AFTER doing all my compounds...

Dips- 10 reps; 30 seconds / Chinups- 10 reps; 30 seconds - repeat 3 times

Skull crushers- 8 reps; 45 seconds / Barbell Curls- 8 reps; 45 seconds - repeat twice

Close grip bench press- 12 reps; one minute / 21s; finish.

jerseyboy101

Awards
Ive never really been able to build my bis for a while i just didnt train them directly since for baseball i dont need big bis and they got some size just from doing back days but ended up lacking a lot behind tris but ive been doing just high reps super sets 21's to kill them and ive seen a good change. My freind whose a football player does 6-8 reps when i workout with him hes huge too so id have to say that range works well.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
today i felt a huuuge arm pump when i did bi's, i would curl it, then go down extremely slow and focus on form.