What do i do now?

Seabee1507

Awards
this is actualy my first post ever.
i just finshed a cycle with Androdol made by Powerlabs. i have seen huge strength gains and size is increasing. liver and kidneys hate me for it i think.
-- thats not why i am here today. i want to loose som fat. i am about at about 25% BMI. and want to be way down. nothing unrealistic. maybe around 20 for a goal for now. any suggestions? i will have pics soon.
any advise is good.

thank you.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
any advice you get is going to be as generic (and worthless) as your post. age, training program, diet/macros???? where is anything.

add the fact you took a 4 steroid combo with who knows what sort of support and PCT supps.....good luck, really. you'll need it. no offense.

how about first worrying about getting your balls back from the steroids. what is your PCT?

Seabee1507

Awards
any advice you get is going to be as generic (and worthless) as your post. age, training program, diet/macros???? where is anything.

add the fact you took a 4 steroid combo with who knows what sort of support and PCT supps.....good luck, really. you'll need it. no offense.

how about first worrying about getting your balls back from the steroids. what is your PCT?
urbanski-
my apologies, i know i did not take the best thing for my body. and to be honest even though i did see great results. i kick myself in the ass for doing it. i jumped on something without fully knowing what i was really doing to myself.
please understand that i am new to supplements and want to continue using them but use them safer in the future. my PCT is by the makers of the Androdrol simply called "Post Cycle". maybe you know something about that product. if so please advise as i am starting monday.
my age is 21, training program is as follows: Mon-chest day, Tues-back and legs, Wed-rest, Thurs-arms and shoulders, and fri i kinda just " mix it up " i hit things that maybe i missed or just want to do little more of. each work out day i "try" to do 20 min of cardio and 20 min of abs. key word was try. i am motivated to lift not do cardio. not sure why really. and my work out typically last 90 min or so.
as far as diet. it is poor at best. i try to be conscious about what i eat but in the end its for nothing i eat pizza, fries, drink beer and soda. it is my biggest weakness. i am answering my own weight loss question with that comment i know. but if i had a solid diet plan. i feel like i could stick to it very religiously, but i don't. any advise on that? should i consult a dietician?

again i know i am an idiot for taking what i did. but i did it. and i am asking for help is there anyone out there that can give me advise on what to do. what to eat. and what to take.

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
You don't need a detailed diet plan yet. You need to quit eating like crap and simply clean up your diet first. If you don't have the discipline to do that, you certainly won't follow any sort of detailed diet plan. Start with getting some lean protein sources and some healthy carbohydrate sources. Keep the sugar, fried foods, high fat stuff, and alcohol to a minimum.
Go to the anabolics or PCT section to get some more detailed answers regarding that. You do need to prepare yourself psychologically that you are likely to lose some size and strength in coming off the "supplements".

Seabee1507

Awards
You don't need a detailed diet plan yet. You need to quit eating like crap and simply clean up your diet first. If you don't have the discipline to do that, you certainly won't follow any sort of detailed diet plan. Start with getting some lean protein sources and some healthy carbohydrate sources. Keep the sugar, fried foods, high fat stuff, and alcohol to a minimum.
Go to the anabolics or PCT section to get some more detailed answers regarding that. You do need to prepare yourself psychologically that you are likely to lose some size and strength in coming off the "supplements".
SRS;
THANKS FOR THE ADVISE. CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME GOOD EXAMPLES OF WHAT TO EAT. GOOD PROTIENS AND GOOD CARBS. I KNOW THIS IS PROB A DUMB QUESTION BUT I REALY DONT KNOW THE ANSWER.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your stats say you are 6 feet tall, 230lbs. Your bodymass index is not 25.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is actualy my first post ever.
i just finshed a cycle with Androdol made by Powerlabs. i have seen huge strength gains and size is increasing. liver and kidneys hate me for it i think.
-- thats not why i am here today. i want to loose som fat. i am about at about 25% BMI. and want to be way down. nothing unrealistic. maybe around 20 for a goal for now. any suggestions? i will have pics soon.
any advise is good.

thank you.
I'm not going to reiterate what you already know to be true and have been told by others.

As far as fat loss, you do NOT need supplements, and first port of call is your NUTRITION, and then your training. I recommend reading The 3 Keys to Fat Loss (and the articles within it - links in hot pink), as it gives a comprehensive review of nutrition (and supplementation) and training for fat loss.

On another note, ignore BMI - that's inaccurate bullsh*t for most people, and means nothing and was designed for people who do NOTHING.

I think perhaps you meant 25% bodyfat - that sounds more realistic. Anyways, read that article and put the information in it into practice.

~Team APPNUT

Seabee1507

Awards
that is true 6' and 230. what is my BMI then? i have been using my scale, it may be w

Your stats say you are 6 feet tall, 230lbs. Your bodymass index is not 25.
that is true 6' and 230. what is my BMI then? i have been using my scale, it may be wrong!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
that is true 6' and 230. what is my BMI then? i have been using my scale, it may be wrong!
Body mass index is a set standard for men and women based on their height. Period. If a 5'4" man is a bodybuilder and weighs more than 175lb, he is obese according to BMI. If a 6' man weighs 230lb, he is obese. This is a farce.

Jay Cutler, Dexter Jackson, Kai Greene, Dennis Wolf, are ALL EXTREMELY OBESE according to BMI. BMI is not a good chart to use if a person lives an active/healthy lifestyle.

A better gauge is your Bodyfat %. This will give you a more accurate idea of where you are 'fit' wise, and where you want to be. An acceotable healthy man hovers around 20% on the Bodyfat chart. Most of the folks here on AM strive for the < 10% bodyfat. That's when all the cuts and striations are visibly well defined in the muscles.

Do yourself a favor and get away from BMI. Around these parts we are all labeled obese or worse but I guarantee we're a healthier sort than those that the BMI is intended for.

If you're very concerned with your bf% you could invest in some bf% calipers. Now clean up that diet and the rest of it should fall into place.

You may also want to take a look at some TCF-1 from PP to help you as part of your Post from that product you were taking.

NCAA68

NCAA68

Awards
  • Established
According to my bmi i am obese my insurance premium is higher than normal its bullcrap!

I found its easier to watch my diet on weekdays. Personally i hate fish, so i eat Turkey alot of it. Check out the diet and recipes sections for ideas.

As far as training goes u need to figure out what ur trying to do... get bigger get stronger get leaner recomp? Read more threads i guess is my general advice

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
no OTC PCT is going to help you. research SERMs and good luck.
i wouldnt worry about "dieting" right now, you have far larger issues following your steroid cycle. hope you didnt drink beer on that either.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BMI is weight (in kg)/height (in metres)squared.

Therefore, your BMI is: 104.54/(1.8 x 1.8) = 104.54/3.24 = 32.3 kgm (to the power of 2). If you were to go off BMI, then you in the Obesity Class I category - which places you at high disease risk for Type II diabetes, hypertension, and cardiovascular disease. However, as I mentioned before, BMI is useless, since more muscular individuals are going to come out as being "obese" or overweight, and this equation does NOT take into account muscle mass, etc. - hence, IGNORE it.

As for what you have, if you're using a SCALE, then it is BODY COMPOSITION. 25% bodyfat on a male is far from normal - the average normal body composition of a male is 15% bodyfat. So technically, you could take BMI as an indicator that you could very well be classed as 'obese' based on your body composition factor.

Start slow and work your way down. Lose the bodyfat sensibly. As I said before, you do NOT need supplements to lose the bodyfat, and unless you were at ~10% bodyfat, I would never recommend them anyways. Read that article I posted the link to - your NUTRITION is the KEY to your fat loss success - and apply the principles in it!

~Team APPNUT

ryanp

Awards
BMI is irrelevant. I am 5'9 236 so I must be morbidly obese according to the charts. I work out 5 to 6 days per week.

Seabee1507

Awards
no OTC PCT is going to help you. research SERMs and good luck.
i wouldnt worry about "dieting" right now, you have far larger issues following your steroid cycle. hope you didnt drink beer on that either.
i did actually drink beer. not a lot. but what did that do to me? to my body? im off the stuff now! and am wanting any advise to what to do now.
what issues should i be looking for? i dont feel any differnt thann before!

please advise.

Seabee1507

Awards
Body mass index is a set standard for men and women based on their height. Period. If a 5'4" man is a bodybuilder and weighs more than 175lb, he is obese according to BMI. If a 6' man weighs 230lb, he is obese. This is a farce.

Jay Cutler, Dexter Jackson, Kai Greene, Dennis Wolf, are ALL EXTREMELY OBESE according to BMI. BMI is not a good chart to use if a person lives an active/healthy lifestyle.

A better gauge is your Bodyfat %. This will give you a more accurate idea of where you are 'fit' wise, and where you want to be. An acceotable healthy man hovers around 20% on the Bodyfat chart. Most of the folks here on AM strive for the < 10% bodyfat. That's when all the cuts and striations are visibly well defined in the muscles.

Do yourself a favor and get away from BMI. Around these parts we are all labeled obese or worse but I guarantee we're a healthier sort than those that the BMI is intended for.

If you're very concerned with your bf% you could invest in some bf% calipers. Now clean up that diet and the rest of it should fall into place.

You may also want to take a look at some TCF-1 from PP to help you as part of your Post from that product you were taking.

tell me more about this product!

Seabee1507

Awards
i just did a test for BF%. i found one online. i know it is not the most accurate, but i guess it is close. my BF% is 19.5.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i did actually drink beer. not a lot. but what did that do to me? to my body? im off the stuff now! and am wanting any advise to what to do now.
what issues should i be looking for? i dont feel any differnt thann before!

please advise.
Drinking on hormonals = stupid, period. You really should have researched and done ALL your homework before delving into it - UNnecessary as it was.

i just did a test for BF%. i found one online. i know it is not the most accurate, but i guess it is close. my BF% is 19.5.
Even though highly inaccurate that test would have been, at 19.5% bodyfat, you are still ABOVE average body composition for a male (see my comments in post #16) and I recommend aiming to get to 15% bodyfat at least. Also, as I said, losing bodyfat is easy, and you have the information you need in the article link I have already provided.

~Team APPNUT

Seabee1507

Awards
Drinking on hormonals = stupid, period. You really should have researched and done ALL your homework before delving into it - UNneceaary as it was.

Even though highly inaccurate that test would have been, at 19.5% bodyfat, you are still ABOVE average body composition for a male (see my comments in post #16) and I recommend aiming to get to 15% bodyfat at least. Also, as I said, losing bodyfat is easy, and you have the information you need in the article link I have already provided.

~Team APPNUT
thanks, i am reading it now.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Drinking on hormonals = stupid, period. You really should have researched and done ALL your homework before delving into it - UNneceaary as it was.

~Team APPNUT
Listen to this ^.

I always advise my clients to never exceed 15% in bodyfat. If they're above 15%, then I usually have them cut weight.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
BMI is irrelevant. I am 5'9 236 so I must be morbidly obese according to the charts. I work out 5 to 6 days per week.
Lifting weights 5-6 days per week (when not on anabolics) can be detrimental to gains. 24 hours after workouts cortisol levels have risen. You have to give your endocrine system time to recover. It's not just about your muscles or nervous system. I would limit actual weight training days to 3-4 times per week.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always advise my clients to never exceed 15% in bodyfat. If they're above 15%, then I usually have them cut weight.
Only if they're males, though, right - because average body composition for a female is 25.1% bodyfat (15% bodyfat on a female is more elite athlete levels).

~Team APPNUT

Seabee1507

Awards
Lifting weights 5-6 days per week (when not on anabolics) can be detrimental to gains. 24 hours after workouts cortisol levels have risen. You have to give your endocrine system time to recover. It's not just about your muscles or nervous system. I would limit actual weight training days to 3-4 times per week.[/QUOTE

can you give me a workout routine? for instence what muscle to work what day? when to rest?
question: should i be taking protien shakes when trying to cut weight?
question: what are good cardio things to do? when running ive herd run for 6 min take a 3 min walk and repeat. is this a good idea??

thanks for everybodys help.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Lifting weights 5-6 days per week (when not on anabolics) can be detrimental to gains. 24 hours after workouts cortisol levels have risen. You have to give your endocrine system time to recover. It's not just about your muscles or nervous system. I would limit actual weight training days to 3-4 times per week.[/QUOTE

can you give me a workout routine? for instence what muscle to work what day? when to rest?
question: should i be taking protien shakes when trying to cut weight?
question: what are good cardio things to do? when running ive herd run for 6 min take a 3 min walk and repeat. is this a good idea??

thanks for everybodys help.
Well your workouts usually depend on your experience level. For example, a beginner doesn't need nearly as many accessory exercises and isolation movements as an advanced lifter would need.

Muscle response in hypertrophy (growth) from the amount of stress placed on it each workout and is allowed growth through a surplus (more than you burn) in calories. Once both requirements are met, the muscle hypertrophies.

The "stress" placed on the muscle is called progressive overload. "Overload" is working the muscle harder than it is accustomed to working, which basically means that the you must either use;

1- More weight than the previous workout
2- Use more reps than the previous workout; for example, if last week you used 5X5, then this week hitting 6-7 reps on your first set and 5 on the rest would be overload
3- Use more total sets; for example, instead of 5X5 use 6X5
4- Vary the tempo- lifting the weight faster
5- Decreasing the rest time between sets

If you cannot meet these requirements, then using another exercise to further stimulate the muscle past its previous experience is overload. So if you did 225LBS last week on your bench press for 5X5 and couldn't progress in any of those ways, then throwing in a set of weighted dips could further stimulate the chest and activate more motor units.

If you're in the beginning stages of training, then progression should be easier for you since your body is just beginning to activate previously inactivate motor units in the muscles ("newbie" gains). Calories determine muscle growth (hypertrophy) or fat loss.

In your case, cutting weight is your approach so gaining LBM is very difficult to do, so your best approach is by trying to preserve as much muscle as possible to keep your metabolism high and keep a better physique.

As Rosie pointed out, supplements are not a requirement for weight loss. Infact, most supplements are scams anyway. I would advise you, if you're into buying supplements, to invest in a multi-vitamin, BCAAs, and maybe some whey protein. You DON'T need anything else.

HIIT cardio is good to raise your metabolism and burn away glycogen/glucose during cardio, so that your body has to burn fat afterwards. HIIT is a form of anaerobic performance (although it also trains aerobic performance) so too much of it can be catabolic.

I would recommend you, for routines, to look into a 3-day compound focused routine like starting strength or something similar. Focus on your basic squat, deadlift, horizontal push/pull, and vertical push/pull, and whatever other exercises you may need for your own genetic response to stimulus under those. Usually most people do not need more than that, especially if they are just starting out.

Workout A- Squat, bench press, deadlift, chins
Workout B- Squat, overhead press, power clean, barbell row

Your most important tool for cutting though is your diet. Weightlifting is for increasing metabolism and forcing your body to hold onto its muscle.

I would recommend a ketogenic diet.

Edit: As for your cardio plan, it depends on your experience level. Don't do too much. Something like HIIT could cause you harm if you're not ready for it. If you're a good runner then 35/25 is fine.

I do 20 seconds of walking, 20 seconds of a moderate jog, then 20 seconds of a fast sprint, usually for 14-15 cycles. Sometime I don't even do a walk. I'll just do 30 seconds of jogging and then 30 seconds of running, but it takes a lot out of me and I don't last as long.

Only if they're males, though, right - because average body composition for a female is 25.1% bodyfat (15% bodyfat on a female is more elite athlete levels).

~Team APPNUT
Yeah I agree. Only if they're males.

Seabee1507

Awards
Well your workouts usually depend on your experience level. For example, a beginner doesn't need nearly as many accessory exercises and isolation movements as an advanced lifter would need.

Muscle response in hypertrophy (growth) from the amount of stress placed on it each workout and is allowed growth through a surplus (more than you burn) in calories. Once both requirements are met, the muscle hypertrophies.

The "stress" placed on the muscle is called progressive overload. "Overload" is working the muscle harder than it is accustomed to working, which basically means that the you must either use;

1- More weight than the previous workout
2- Use more reps than the previous workout; for example, if last week you used 5X5, then this week hitting 6-7 reps on your first set and 5 on the rest would be overload
3- Use more total sets; for example, instead of 5X5 use 6X5
4- Vary the tempo- lifting the weight faster
5- Decreasing the rest time between sets

If you cannot meet these requirements, then using another exercise to further stimulate the muscle past its previous experience is overload. So if you did 225LBS last week on your bench press for 5X5 and couldn't progress in any of those ways, then throwing in a set of weighted dips could further stimulate the chest and activate more motor units.

If you're in the beginning stages of training, then progression should be easier for you since your body is just beginning to activate previously inactivate motor units in the muscles ("newbie" gains). Calories determine muscle growth (hypertrophy) or fat loss.

In your case, cutting weight is your approach so gaining LBM is very difficult to do, so your best approach is by trying to preserve as much muscle as possible to keep your metabolism high and keep a better physique.

As Rosie pointed out, supplements are not a requirement for weight loss. Infact, most supplements are scams anyway. I would advise you, if you're into buying supplements, to invest in a multi-vitamin, BCAAs, and maybe some whey protein. You DON'T need anything else.

HIIT cardio is good to raise your metabolism and burn away glycogen/glucose during cardio, so that your body has to burn fat afterwards. HIIT is a form of anaerobic performance (although it also trains aerobic performance) so too much of it can be catabolic.

I would recommend you, for routines, to look into a 3-day compound focused routine like starting strength or something similar. Focus on your basic squat, deadlift, horizontal push/pull, and vertical push/pull, and whatever other exercises you may need for your own genetic response to stimulus under those. Usually most people do not need more than that, especially if they are just starting out.

Workout A- Squat, bench press, deadlift, chins
Workout B- Squat, overhead press, power clean, barbell row

Your most important tool for cutting though is your diet. Weightlifting is for increasing metabolism and forcing your body to hold onto its muscle.

I would recommend a ketogenic diet.

Edit: As for your cardio plan, it depends on your experience level. Don't do too much. Something like HIIT could cause you harm if you're not ready for it. If you're a good runner then 35/25 is fine.

I do 20 seconds of walking, 20 seconds of a moderate jog, then 20 seconds of a fast sprint, usually for 14-15 cycles. Sometime I don't even do a walk. I'll just do 30 seconds of jogging and then 30 seconds of running, but it takes a lot out of me and I don't last as long.

Yeah I agree. Only if they're males.
ketogenic diet? what is that? and why would you reccomend it for me?

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
ketogenic diet? what is that? and why would you reccomend it for me?
Google it. And it's the best diet from my experience for cutting fat while maintaining muscle. It has alot of healthy fats, which aids in the production of anabolic hormones and are absorbed by the body quicker. There are two types - "TKD" (Targeted Ketogenic Diet) and "CKD" (Cyclical Ketogenic Diet).

TKD- carbs pre and post workout
CKD- carbs on a specific day or two days of the week.

The rest of the week on CKD you'd go 40% protein / 60% fats.

On TKD you'd eat grain before working out and then high glycemic index carbs after working out with fats and protein as your meals for the rest of the day.