CAP Barbell review

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.62%

Thumbs down CAP Barbell review

I am a man of my word, for good or bad. I promised to publish feedback on my own accord either positive or negative, depending on how I was dealt with by CAP barbell. I purchased a set including a CAP Olympic chrome barbell in Oct of last year. The set was used at most once per week, as it was only for when I missed a workout at the gym.
    Following a separation of the sleeve on the barbell that would allow for the weights to move on to the inner bar, I went to ****s sporting goods to request a remedy. This was after 6 months. I was informed that the return period was 30 days. Even with the fact that this was a manufacture defect (clearly) they would not do anything to make this right. I was directed to speak with CAP barbell customer service. I made multiple calls and emails with no response. After a few weeks passed, I called in on the commercial line and was immediately answered. I was then transferred through to Elizabeth in customer service. The requested pictures and documentation including receipt were sent for consideration. Following a wait of several weeks, I called back and got Elizabeth again. I was told that my information had been passed on to Stewart in NY with the distribution center. After not receiving a call again from him, I called back and left a message. No reply. I then called again a week and a half later and was told that there was nothing he could do. I received nothing but the runaround. I advised that this was no way to treat customers and they could count on negative feedback on BB, Anabolic minds, and a few other boards, plus a letter to Muscles and Fitness. The fact that the salesperson was completely unaware of any of these, and that they outright said they didnít read any of those publications or boards speaks to the disconnection with their customers.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Is there an hex screw at the end of the sleeve where you can tighten it to the barbell? Some bars will have something there that allows you to tighten down the ends of the barbell.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.86%

Sorry to hear of your woes, friend.

Just another note on their 'quality'....

A buddy of mine is moving and he gave me all his CAP oly weight plates.
    I weighed out several of em and it was pretty bad.
    One example would be one of his 45's weighed in at 40lbs....and another at 50lbs.

It's kinda sad. I just don't think their products are made for avid, long term lifters.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.62%

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Is there an hex screw at the end of the sleeve where you can tighten it to the barbell? Some bars will have something there that allows you to tighten down the ends of the barbell.
    There is a hex screw on the end, but the coller (weight stop) still wont stay on. The hex screw itself is fine/tight. Thanks for suggestio though.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Well this sucks. Most of my equipment is caps. Could be why the bars at the gym feel 10lbs heavier than the bars at golds.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Broken Barbell
    By GaDawgs29 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 09:20 AM
  2. Barbell Only.....
    By AnthonyIOSOS in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 06:40 AM
  3. barbell row vs one arm row
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24