Just an off/bad day?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.37%

Just an off/bad day?

I'm hoping this was just an off day or something, I was squatting the same weight that I was able to squat last week for two reps (I'm doing a push/pull/legs 3 day split) and going down for the first rep it was almost like my legs gave out. I don't know if I just wasn't focused on the lift or what so after rolling it off my back I try the lift again and half way down I feel like I couldn't stand back up. I have no idea what the problem was, I felt weak as hell and it drove me crazy. I used the pissed off motivation to set a new PR on leg press but i just have no idea what the deal was with squats. Anyone ever have something like this?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.88%

Ya, it could just be an off day. There's a lot of variables though. Sleep, pre-WO meal, less focus from something going on in life, etc... Sometimes you just aren't "with it" I guess.

I'd shake it off and hit it hard next leg day and see how it goes.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.85%

maybe it's not your day jut try it next time don't feel bad.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.42%

Probably just a bad workout. We all have them. Don't let it get to you and try again next week.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.37%

I hope so cause it was weird being so much weaker than the last workout just gonna have to hit it hard next time and hopefully I don't have to roll it off again lol
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

did you do cardio last w/o?

sometimes when i do cardio on, lets say monday, and do legs on tuesday my legs are taxed from the hiit
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.37%

Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    did you do cardio last w/o?

sometimes when i do cardio on, lets say monday, and do legs on tuesday my legs are taxed from the hiit
    Nope no cardio that day or the day before unfortunately lol...but I'm the same way tthe hiit does kill my legs but some moderate longer cardio the day or two after a good legs day does help with some of my soreness
  8. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by kmcart View Post
    I'm hoping this was just an off day or something, I was squatting the same weight that I was able to squat last week for two reps (I'm doing a push/pull/legs 3 day split) and going down for the first rep it was almost like my legs gave out. I don't know if I just wasn't focused on the lift or what so after rolling it off my back I try the lift again and half way down I feel like I couldn't stand back up. I have no idea what the problem was, I felt weak as hell and it drove me crazy. I used the pissed off motivation to set a new PR on leg press but i just have no idea what the deal was with squats. Anyone ever have something like this?
    Like everyone has been saying, you could have just had a "off" day. We all have those and they hit at random times - I usually have one every week or two, and cannot predict which session it will happen in. But they happen, and after that, the next session is fine, and it was like, "ok, so moving on." Don't dwell on it. Just endeavour to keep making each session as hard and as intense as you possibly can.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.37%

I figured that's what it was and I'm glad I'm not the only one now it just seems like I'm little paranoid though to try it cause I don't feel like getting pinned under the bar again...guess ill just have to push through it though right...shock therapy or something like that right lol