Fitness vs. bodybuilding training

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I've been training for the last 3 years, but more and more I found much more interest in getting a body type like the ones on the fitness magazines covers (I guess you could call it the model type of body) than the ones that cover bodybuilding magazines (the bodybuilder/ mass focused type of body).
So, since all I've been reading for the last few years about training is bodybuilding and/or strength related and I'm looking for a change into a more fintess focused type of training, what are the main diferences and basics of a fitness training?

(I hope I'm not using an incorrect expression when I say "fitness", but here where I live we have two very distinct expressions to each kind of body ("corpo de culturista" for the bodybuilder body and "corpo de modelo" for a fitness body))

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
not sure what youre getting at, like an A&F model?

I am a power lifter n I look better than them.

Just focus on body building I guess but Idk if youre just trying to get a beach body or a skinny ethopian look going on?

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I'm talking about a Men'sFitness cover kind of body and not a Flex cover kind of body, i.e., a muscular and lean body, but not much focused in a big volume of muscle mass or huge strength gains get it?

Sorry for my lack of hability to express myself:(

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been training for the last 3 years, but more and more I found much more interest in getting a body type like the ones on the fitness magazines covers (I guess you could call it the model type of body) than the ones that cover bodybuilding magazines (the bodybuilder/ mass focused type of body).
So, since all I've been reading for the last few years about training is bodybuilding and/or strength related and I'm looking for a change into a more fintess focused type of training, what are the main diferences and basics of a fitness training?

(I hope I'm not using an incorrect expression when I say "fitness", but here where I live we have two very distinct expressions to each kind of body ("corpo de culturista" for the bodybuilder body and "corpo de modelo" for a fitness body))
basically athletic look vs bodybuilder look.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
ok i gotcha, i just googled it.

well just keep focusing on body building, you wont look like someone on the cover of flex without AAS

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're going down the wrong path IMO lol but I'll help you...

You are 6'6 191 pounds... what is your bodyfat?

Broly

Awards
  • Established
You're going down the wrong path IMO lol but I'll help you...

You are 6'6 191 pounds... what is your bodyfat?
10% I've went till 205lbs this Winter, then cutted for summer as my bulk was pretty dirty. And that's one, among other things, what I feel like I'm not willing to repeat, bulking and cutting cycles. Plus this last bulking phase that I've done I was trying to see how heavy can I get since I have a pretty fast metabolism, and 205lbs was my maximum weight staying that weight from December to February and I was eating 8 times a day roughly 900kcals per meal - just to damn much work and pushing down food than the benefits.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm talking about a Men'sFitness cover kind of body and not a Flex cover kind of body, i.e., a muscular and lean body, but not much focused in a big volume of muscle mass or huge strength gains get it?

Sorry for my lack of hability to express myself:(
Dude, fitness models bodybuild.. How big you get depends on your diet, not what type of training style you use..

Broly

Awards
  • Established

well just keep focusing on body building, you wont look like someone on the cover of flex without AAS
So basicaly there's no change in the kind of training needed to achieve either kind of body is that it?
And yes, I do know the roids part;)

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established

This is right. You're not going to accidentally look like anyone on the cover of FLEX by simply training like a bodybuilder. Train in a way that is most optimal to gain muscle and you can always go into maintenance mode if you get to a point where you are satisfied.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Dude, fitness models bodybuild.. How big you get depends on your diet, not what type of training style you use..
I know what you mean and agree with you to some extent, but you've also to agree that diferent kinds of training will also define the body you'll get. See for exemple when we're doing our cutting or bulking phases, we change reps, sets and resting times between sets to achieve a certain objective don't we?;)

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know what you mean and agree with you to some extent, but you've also to agree that diferent kinds of training will also define the body you'll get. See for exemple when we're doing our cutting or bulking phases, we change reps, sets and resting times between sets to achieve a certain objective don't we?;)
No, the different rep ranges and supersets dictate how many calories are to be burnt.. You could be on a cut, have a hypertrophy routine and just cardio everyday to meet your caloric goal on a cut.. You understand? I could have a powerlifting routine, which is for strength, but could also grow depending on my diet..

Diet is the key to everything.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
This is right. You're not going to accidentally look like anyone on the cover of FLEX by simply training like a bodybuilder. Train in a way that is most optimal to gain muscle and you can always go into maintenance mode if you get to a point where you are satisfied.
SRS2000, I've finally found the words for what I meant to say right from the begining!:D:bigok:
What I'm trying to say is that basicaly I'm happy with my current body weight but I'd like to keep it in maintenance mode but in the lean side, in other words, I would like to change it from 190lb with 10% of bf to 190lb with 7% of bf:) What's the training that I should look for?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
SRS2000, I've finally found the words for what I meant to say right from the begining!:D:bigok:
What I'm trying to say is that basicaly I'm happy with my current body weight but I'd like to keep it in maintenance mode but in the lean side, in other words, I would like to change it from 190lb with 10% of bf to 190lb with 7% of bf:) What's the training that I should look for?
Not training goddamnt, diet!! Thats called a focking recomp lol.... Unreal has a guide for that.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
No, the different rep ranges and supersets dictate how many calories are to be burnt.. You could be on a cut, have a hypertrophy routine and just cardio everyday to meet your caloric goal on a cut.. You understand? I could have a powerlifting routine, which is for strength, but could also grow depending on my diet..

Diet is the key to everything.
Oh, now I see what you meant with "diet is everyhting". I was writting the post while you were writting this one;)
Btw, Unreal's thread about recomp is pretty good:)

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I've been reading and re-reading Unreal's thread about recomp (http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/154753-but-i-want.html) and I've been wondering, if I increase reps I may be able to do less cardio to achive the same caloric comsumption, but since all it say is about lifting like bulking, wich I assume that he means lift heavy, so what would be the sweet spot of reps/sets range to achive that "heavy lifting" and not so intensive cardio?
Plus, he talks about doing all of that while using "hardcore supplements" (anabolics and stims), is it logical to use just the ECA part of the "hardocore supplements"?