- 08-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Does anyone have good advice for strengthening tendons (specifically for fingers/hands and ankels, but total body would be great, too)? I get a decent amount from rock climbing, but I've seen too many people pop tendons, and tear pullies, etc., and I've had my fare share of sprains. I'm just looking for an extra edge. Any help would be appriciated.
- 08-03-2010, 12:30 PM
- 08-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Weight training is the best way to strengthen tendons. I've heard that higher reps will strengthen tendons more than low rep / high intensity exercises, but I don't know how much science there is to that. For hand tendons do any exercise that requires a strong grip, farmer's walk definitely comes to mind. For ankles I would assume a load bearing exercise like the back squat would help.
08-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Negatives or eccentrics are usually prescribed for tendon strengthening/healing.
08-04-2010, 12:56 AM
08-04-2010, 09:17 AM
zodiiac523 - used it before, and have to say I love it; one of my favorites. Will be using it again.
Sweekaters, anoopbal, Nitrox - Thanks for the info
Similar Forum Threads
- By gaijininjapan in forum Training ForumReplies: 7Last Post: 11-03-2010, 04:50 PM
- By BB Ambitious in forum Workout LogsReplies: 23Last Post: 04-26-2010, 08:13 PM
- By arjun4 in forum Training ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 08-18-2008, 05:34 PM
- By yeahright in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 05-29-2006, 11:53 PM
- By sage in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 6Last Post: 04-06-2003, 04:45 AM