Pain in forearms while doing bb curls.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    Well I did my curls holding the weight for a few seconds and using a towel. This seems to work well, I only had slight pain on the first set. I wonder, will strengthening my forearms make my wrist tendinitis go away faster?
    a big it depends. tendinitis can come about from various issues, but overuse is one of them, and using wrist strengthening exercises would be a bit of stress on the wrist and tendons


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Bnatural View Post
    a big it depends. tendinitis can come about from various issues, but overuse is one of them, and using wrist strengthening exercises would be a bit of stress on the wrist and tendons
    I have the tendinitis from squatting improperly. After I curled I think my wrists felt alittle better if that makes sense and theyre less sore today, they actually arnt sore but I have this weak feeling in them. Since I learned to squat without hurting them the pain is going away, but I still have this weak feeling in my wrists, is that a sign of healing? Also isn't the ez bar good for people with wrist problems? I stopped wrist curls and the only curls I do now are hammer curls and ez bar curls.
    •   
       


  3. I sometimes (like right now) get that pain in my wrist when I twist it that far over, simulating a bb curl. It sux

  4. My forearms always hurt when I do barbell curls with an Olympic barbell. If you're doing them with an Olympic barbell (45lbs), then try doing them with an E-Z bar.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS

  5. Quote Originally Posted by kingk0ng View Post
    My forearms always hurt when I do barbell curls with an Olympic barbell. If you're doing them with an Olympic barbell (45lbs), then try doing them with an E-Z bar.
    I do use an ez bar. I can't curl with a flat bar. I just really hope and pray this tendinitis goes away soon. I have more of a weak feeling now than a sore feeling. I'm guessing if I wear wrist wraps while curling and and doing tricep extensions wont help my forearm development.

  6. my roommate has the same problem<or i should say had.....and he was using a ez curl bar...it went away after awhile tho....so idk mayb u just messed it up a little....do u do any forearm workouts?<i dedicate 30 min to my forearms each week and its my favorite workout!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by andrewcb View Post
    my roommate has the same problem<or i should say had.....and he was using a ez curl bar...it went away after awhile tho....so idk mayb u just messed it up a little....do u do any forearm workouts?<i dedicate 30 min to my forearms each week and its my favorite workout!
    hammer curls

  8. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    hammer curls
    those dont cut it for me< i have no clue what they are called but u know where u get the dumbell and snap ur wrist foward....then u do a backwards 1.....then i like to do them with my arms twisted to the side......idk if that makes sense but feels like my forearms are going to bust when im done! just started working out and not a big guy at all.....165....have 14 1/2 arms and 13 1/4 forearms< also...i may be wrong....but i think the hammers was the work out that was really killing my buddys forearms as far as pain goes....but either way he didnt stop his workouts and the pain went away

  9. Quote Originally Posted by andrewcb View Post
    those dont cut it for me< i have no clue what they are called but u know where u get the dumbell and snap ur wrist foward....then u do a backwards 1.....then i like to do them with my arms twisted to the side......idk if that makes sense but feels like my forearms are going to bust when im done! just started working out and not a big guy at all.....165....have 14 1/2 arms and 13 1/4 forearms< also...i may be wrong....but i think the hammers was the work out that was really killing my buddys forearms as far as pain goes....but either way he didnt stop his workouts and the pain went away
    wrist curls? I'm taking a short break from them until the wrist pain goes away.

  10. My pain has slowly gone away as I have been working out. I went to an all bis during back workout, I never do any type of curls anymore.... Im doing this until Im completely better then Ill try substituting some curls back in once a week. My bis get plent of work from rows, so, you shouldnt have to worry they get worked plenty on your back day.
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    My pain has slowly gone away as I have been working out. I went to an all bis during back workout, I never do any type of curls anymore.... Im doing this until Im completely better then Ill try substituting some curls back in once a week. My bis get plent of work from rows, so, you shouldnt have to worry they get worked plenty on your back day.
    Well I hope you heal up soon man. Funny thing is my wrists are feelign way better after I started taking a multivitamin, but my shoulder has been flaring up.

  12. Look up the sleeper stretch for your shoulder, you can also do with with bungees at your gym. and I take black cherry juice concentrate in the mornins as a supp and it has done wonders with joint pains esp elbow and shoulder.... but yea Im healin good same to you! Ive had shoulder problems a whileee

  13. Well most of the pain has gone away atleast when I ez bar curl with a wide grip with a narrow grip I find I'm more likely to get the pain. I start off rapping the bar with a towel to thicken it, then I put 10 pounds less on the bar then what I'm supposed to be curling and I do one whole set with that weight and then add 10 pounds and do my regular sets. Is it better to be standing when you curl or curling at a preacher station? My biceps haven't grown much at all in the past 3 months. I'm curls 50Lbs on each arm, so I'm curling 100Lbs with the ez bar, but my biceps are still around 13" unflexed. Flexed they're about 15". I hope they grow soon I want big arms, but my biceps don't seem to grow much.

  14. dang my arms are the same* but i still seem them growing a hair every week.....i do concentrated slow preachers and flex at the top and just a standard curl on a incline...i hold 1 arm up and flex it and do a rep with the other arm...then hold that arm in a flex and do a rep with the other arm< then some medium paced hammer curls but i dont flex on those...seems to be working for me i am noticing more of a peak

  15. I had the same problem. It ended up being tendinitis. An anti inflamitary( cissus) and wrist wraps helped me. It acts up still from time to time. Fish oil also helped a lot. I don't know that your situation is tendinitis just thats what I had with similar symptoms.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    I had the same problem. It ended up being tendinitis. An anti inflamitary( cissus) and wrist wraps helped me. It acts up still from time to time. Fish oil also helped a lot. I don't know that your situation is tendinitis just thats what I had with similar symptoms.
    Yeah I have tendinitis. I'm trying to build my forearms though so I haven't been using wraps when curling. How long did your tendinitis last btw? I got mine from squatting wrong. I've had it about 3 months so I hope it goes away soon.

  17. Like CountryLiftin said try the sleeper stretch! If your after stimulating growth, nothing is gonna work like bb curls...cambered bar curls dont hit all heads of the bicep as well. Fish oil is your friend!! and make sure you get plenty of rest and food. How many days a week do you lift if i may?

  18. Mine is still there. It has flair ups from time to time. I've learnt to deal with it. When it hurts extra cissus and fish oil really help. Along with occasional icy hot.

  19. Would it matter much in terms of gaining mass if I just switch to dumbbell curls?

  20. I think db curls would be great. Many people have some sort of "handicap" when lifting in terms of aches and pains. Just find what works for you and be as pain free as can be. If the cambered curls work for ya, then stick with em! I think some tend to over think it and its not necessary. These are just my opinions by the way. What worked for the last man might not work for you. Trial and error.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Whats better for forearms, reverse curls or hammer curls?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 10:16 PM
  2. Pain in forearms help please!
    By MMAMONSTER19 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 10:19 AM
  3. Pain in forearms
    By 2cAnnons in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 02:30 AM
  4. Pain when doing curls
    By blunted97 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-18-2007, 01:35 AM
  5. pain in forearms
    By bosco in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Log in
Log in