1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CountryLiftin View Post
    My pain has slowly gone away as I have been working out. I went to an all bis during back workout, I never do any type of curls anymore.... Im doing this until Im completely better then Ill try substituting some curls back in once a week. My bis get plent of work from rows, so, you shouldnt have to worry they get worked plenty on your back day.
    Well I hope you heal up soon man. Funny thing is my wrists are feelign way better after I started taking a multivitamin, but my shoulder has been flaring up.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Look up the sleeper stretch for your shoulder, you can also do with with bungees at your gym. and I take black cherry juice concentrate in the mornins as a supp and it has done wonders with joint pains esp elbow and shoulder.... but yea Im healin good same to you! Ive had shoulder problems a whileee
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.83%

Well most of the pain has gone away atleast when I ez bar curl with a wide grip with a narrow grip I find I'm more likely to get the pain. I start off rapping the bar with a towel to thicken it, then I put 10 pounds less on the bar then what I'm supposed to be curling and I do one whole set with that weight and then add 10 pounds and do my regular sets. Is it better to be standing when you curl or curling at a preacher station? My biceps haven't grown much at all in the past 3 months. I'm curls 50Lbs on each arm, so I'm curling 100Lbs with the ez bar, but my biceps are still around 13" unflexed. Flexed they're about 15". I hope they grow soon I want big arms, but my biceps don't seem to grow much.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.49%

dang my arms are the same* but i still seem them growing a hair every week.....i do concentrated slow preachers and flex at the top and just a standard curl on a incline...i hold 1 arm up and flex it and do a rep with the other arm...then hold that arm in a flex and do a rep with the other arm< then some medium paced hammer curls but i dont flex on those...seems to be working for me i am noticing more of a peak
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.96%

I had the same problem. It ended up being tendinitis. An anti inflamitary( cissus) and wrist wraps helped me. It acts up still from time to time. Fish oil also helped a lot. I don't know that your situation is tendinitis just thats what I had with similar symptoms.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.83%

Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    I had the same problem. It ended up being tendinitis. An anti inflamitary( cissus) and wrist wraps helped me. It acts up still from time to time. Fish oil also helped a lot. I don't know that your situation is tendinitis just thats what I had with similar symptoms.
    Yeah I have tendinitis. I'm trying to build my forearms though so I haven't been using wraps when curling. How long did your tendinitis last btw? I got mine from squatting wrong. I've had it about 3 months so I hope it goes away soon.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Like CountryLiftin said try the sleeper stretch! If your after stimulating growth, nothing is gonna work like bb curls...cambered bar curls dont hit all heads of the bicep as well. Fish oil is your friend!! and make sure you get plenty of rest and food. How many days a week do you lift if i may?
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.96%

Mine is still there. It has flair ups from time to time. I've learnt to deal with it. When it hurts extra cissus and fish oil really help. Along with occasional icy hot.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.83%

Would it matter much in terms of gaining mass if I just switch to dumbbell curls?
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I think db curls would be great. Many people have some sort of "handicap" when lifting in terms of aches and pains. Just find what works for you and be as pain free as can be. If the cambered curls work for ya, then stick with em! I think some tend to over think it and its not necessary. These are just my opinions by the way. What worked for the last man might not work for you. Trial and error.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Whats better for forearms, reverse curls or hammer curls?
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 09:16 PM
  2. Pain in forearms help please!
    By MMAMONSTER19 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 09:19 AM
  3. Pain in forearms
    By 2cAnnons in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 01:30 AM
  4. Pain when doing curls