Top 10 reasons you fail at the gym
- 08-11-2010, 02:50 PM
- 08-11-2010, 06:49 PM
- 08-11-2010, 07:36 PM
My list of reasons "you+gym=fail"
- You think bulking up means eating a lot and benching/curling more than normal.
- You go to the gym and neglect your back, leaving your upper body hunched over like a dumb ass.
- You think taking supplements will help you keep size when you stop working out.
- You believe anything you see on the ads of MD Magazine.
- You read Muscle and Fitness mag. (nothing against it, just personally don't think it's as useful as MD for me )
- You think training for a competition means getting a personal trainer at your local fitness club.
- You train the way some trainer tells you, not what is best for your body.
- You pay for training, and neglect the AM forums
- You let the weight slam on the way down instead of slowly lowering it (or at least trying to lower it slowly.
- You think doing lunges replaces squats.
- You don't research that PH the guy at the nutrition shop sold you.
- You think working out is the key to being fit, regardless of diet.
- You think going when you feel like it will keep you fit, and it's the thought that counts more than the action (mainly directed at obese/severly overweight people. not trying to step on toes, just my 0.02)
- You think N.O., protein, and bcaa's are the only supps you need, and the rest of your diet doesn't matter (I've seen this a lot personally).
And my favorite one from a bikini model I trained shortly (due to her lack of intelligence for dieting)
-You think fat burners are the answer for every form of weight loss, and gaining more muscle won't look good.
Some of these are kinda incomplete thoughts, and need to be re-worded, but that's my list... for what it's worth
08-11-2010, 09:10 PM
08-11-2010, 09:21 PM
08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
08-11-2010, 10:04 PM
08-11-2010, 10:09 PM
08-11-2010, 10:11 PM
08-11-2010, 11:19 PM
I said straps purely bc the Guy said he ripped a callus off so it seemed to me he was deadlifting more than his grip allowed.
Gloves are allowable for boxing or baseball thats it
08-12-2010, 12:29 AM
I wear gloves so I don't get thick as$ calluses on my hands, I'm a cook and need to feel what i touch. Calluses also create an undesirable surface that promotes the spread of bacteria and scrapes skin off my wang when I whack it.
I use straps because working one muscle group at a time gives me better results and I can go a couple more reps when doing dead's or rows. Lately I have been doing forearms while I watch my kid take a bath every night.
08-12-2010, 03:35 AM
I used to use gloves. Now I just use chalk. My hands get beat to sh1t but I can hold onto the bar much better and still work my grip. The lame bars they have at the fitness center I go to would roll in my hands and gloves. Now whenever my skin start peeling off I just rip it off and throw it away. If I have obvious open soft flesh I clean it up.
08-12-2010, 09:59 AM
I use straps. In the two months that i've been using them my DL has shot up about 100 lbs because I can actually hold onto the bar now.
08-12-2010, 02:00 PM
08-12-2010, 02:11 PM
08-12-2010, 03:03 PM
08-13-2010, 08:07 PM
08-13-2010, 08:15 PM
08-13-2010, 08:39 PM
08-13-2010, 08:47 PM
08-13-2010, 09:59 PM
For real tho, I agree with all 10 of these criteria, except the glove thing and the one about rest between sets. On leg and shoulder days, I see a great improvement if I take about double the time between sets, not sure why.
08-13-2010, 10:05 PM
08-14-2010, 01:27 AM
08-14-2010, 01:53 AM
08-14-2010, 04:09 AM
08-14-2010, 07:03 PM
08-14-2010, 07:12 PM
EatTrainSleepEatTrainSleepEatT rainSleepEatTrainSleepEatTrain SleepEatTrainSleepEatTrainSlee pEatTrainSleepEatTrainSleepEat TrainSleepEatTrainSleepEatTrai nSleepEatTrainSleep
08-14-2010, 07:15 PM
08-14-2010, 07:31 PM
3. You spend more $$$ on supplements than on your diet
What if you work at a casino and 2 meals a day are free in the buffet :3?
08-15-2010, 05:19 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By CopyCat in forum MMAReplies: 15Last Post: 02-06-2010, 03:18 PM
- By T-AD in forum NutraplanetReplies: 5Last Post: 01-17-2010, 12:18 PM
- By Clops in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 31Last Post: 11-13-2009, 07:01 PM
- By rocky025 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 13Last Post: 02-08-2009, 08:29 AM
- By Boyders in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 32Last Post: 09-18-2008, 03:06 PM