Top 10 reasons you fail at the gym

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
I'm compiling a list of the top 10 reasons people fail at the gym for a shirt I want to make. This is in a joking manner so I'll start with this...

10. You spend more time talking on your cellphone than lifting
9. You utilize the mirror to admire yourself rather than perfect your form
8. You perform reps of heavy weight at 1/4 range of movement
7. Your routine consists of chest and biceps 5 days a week
6. You don't squat or dead lift
5. You barbell curl in the power rack
4. You drop dumbbells and barbells after your sets
3. You spend more $$$ on supplements than on your diet
2. Your rest between sets exceeds your reps...in minutes
1. You believe that steroids are the answer

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
So out of 70 views nobody has anything to add to the list? This could be a fun thread.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey mother focker! I curl in the focking squat rack!!

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
The world would be much, much better if the gym was a place of recreation with a somewhat team environment, and not a place of passed judgment and feelings of inferiority.

My .02

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The world would be much, much better if the gym was a place of recreation with a somewhat team environment, and not a place of passed judgment and feelings of inferiority.

My .02
I hope this is sarcasm? lol..

People thrive off of judgments and feeling inferior to others.

You dont work out at planet pus-sy.. I mean fitness do you?

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
Hey mother focker! I curl in the focking squat rack!!
That's why you should reply with suggestions. Granted alot of people might curl in the power rack. I'm trying to combine the best ones to make a top ten and then have the shirt printed for fun. It's like poking fun at people with mullets or guys who still pop their collars.

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established

My .02
kumbaya...

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
dude, sorry bro, it's jokingly said and meant to go on a tshirt. No worries, I'm guilty of a couple myself but if you can't laugh at yourself then what?
:bigok:

I was just joking

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's why you should reply with suggestions. Granted alot of people might curl in the power rack. I'm trying to combine the best ones to make a top ten and then have the shirt printed for fun. It's like poking fun at people with mullets or guys who still pop their collars.
Bro its all good, I was givin you a hard time lol..

How about:

Cant go to the gym without my clubbin outfit.
Im 130lbs and im rockin the singlet ;)..
I utilize resistance bands in all of my lifts.
12inch guns and and Xtra small tank top.
40 sets of curls later, 40 sets of bench the next day, repeat.
I forgot my spandex!!!

If you dont like any of those, then fock you... lol

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Gamer curls in the squat rack, but im sure he wouldnt be happy if he wanted to squat and there were no racks open due to curl'ers. I still think it's a legit complaint.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gamer curls in the squat rack, but im sure he wouldnt be happy if he wanted to squat and there were no racks open due to curl'ers. I still think it's a legit complaint.
My gym has 3 squat racks and not many people squat at my gym lol.. Its a "fitness club"..

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
I hope this is sarcasm? lol..

People thrive off of judgments and feeling inferior to others.

You dont work out at planet pus-sy.. I mean fitness do you?

Please get off the internet and find your sense of humor... A sense of teamwork?!?! Bahahahaha

Go to the gym to HAZE your own a$$. To be your own worst enemy and be focking crazy about it!

:banana:

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Please get off the internet and find your sense of humor... A sense of teamwork?!?! Bahahahaha

Go to the gym to HAZE your own a$$. To be your own worst enemy and be focking crazy about it!

:banana:
I have a sense of humor, and your post waz funny.. Teamwork in the gym? Ahh hell nah... All about competition and making your spotter and those around you your bicth...

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
I have a sense of humor, and your post waz funny.. Teamwork in the gym? Ahh hell nah... All about competition and making your spotter and those around you your bicth...

"Those who are weak are motivated by the strong. Those who are strong are fueled by the weak."

-Chris Nunley

In other words, what you just said haha...

timmmah

timmmah

Awards
  • Established
This totally happened to me today, when I asked the dude how many sets he had left he shook his head "no" and walked away quickly. He was curling just the bar.

How about:
I forgot to charge my ipod. the gym's music sucks. I left.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This totally happened to me today, when I asked the dude how many sets he had left he shook his head "no" and walked away quickly. He was curling just the bar.

How about:
I forgot to charge my ipod. the gym's music sucks. I left.
The bar? wtf lol..

I got 120 today :D

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
I like that iPod one...that would be great on a shirt.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
How about

1. You're a ***** and don't like going heavy

NCAA68

NCAA68

Awards
  • Established
any man who wears lifting gloves

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Squatting 135 and then slamming it down on the rack to make it sound like 315

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lol. Your number 1 reason or failing is totally dissing on arnold. I wouldnt buy that crap.

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
Lol. Your number 1 reason or failing is totally dissing on arnold. I wouldnt buy that crap.
I see your point for sure. For competitors at the highest level it definitely is the answer however for the average joe that is overweight or frail, it will most of the time only create problems.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
- You believe Jay Cutler uses MuscleTech.
- You think eating clean means rinsing your food.
- You bench and do curls on a medicine ball.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
- Your back is parallel with the ground at the top of your curl.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you go to the gym to do 5 sets of chest while chugging a musclemilk, and then go tanning

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you go to the gym to do 5 sets of chest while chugging a musclemilk, and then go tanning
What's wrong with musclemilk? North Korea got something against cows?:usa1:

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's wrong with musclemilk? North Korea got something against cows?:usa1:
nothing really wrong, just that the idea of dieting and supplementation for many people i see is going to the fridge first thing when you walk into the gym and chugging it during training. i dont believe you should have a heavy protein shake during training and shows a lack of planning/knowledge.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nothing really wrong, just that the idea of dieting and supplementation for many people i see is going to the fridge first thing when you walk into the gym and chugging it during training. i dont believe you should have a heavy protein shake during training and shows a lack of planning/knowledge.
I drink a gatoraid intra-workout sometimes, and some people like to have a drink with a heavy concentrate of BCAA's. I personally don't do the intra-protein shake thing, myself, but there are benefits to having carbs, protein, BCAA's, in particular L-Leucine, intra-workout, but that's another thread topic.

We'll agree to disagree on this one :bigok:

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I drink a gatoraid intra-workout sometimes, and some people like to have a drink with a heavy concentrate of BCAA's. I personally don't do the intra-protein shake thing, myself, but there are benefits to having carbs, protein, BCAA's, in particular L-Leucine, intra-workout, but that's another thread topic.

We'll agree to disagree on this one :bigok:
currently i drink 2 servings of LG bc+eaa during my workouts, usually finish withing the first 30 minutes. other times (i cycle nitrates) ill drink 1 serving of powershock with 7 grams of bulk bcaa's.

i think gatorade is totally fine intra-workouts too.

the dictator thinks you made a nice post.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
currently i drink 2 servings of LG bc+eaa during my workouts, usually finish withing the first 30 minutes. other times (i cycle nitrates) ill drink 1 serving of powershock with 7 grams of bulk bcaa's.

i think gatorade is totally fine intra-workouts too.

the dictator thinks you made a nice post.
Lol. Tell your grandson to stop sneaking into China with his South Korean friends for RAIN concerts, it looks bad on the family.

I would and probably should take aminos intra-workout, I just can't afford it, so gatoraid or an even cheaper alternative, poweraid, is all I go for.

I used to take the NP Bulk Leucine after my workouts. Just scoop a mouthful of the powder, which basically tasted like a mouthful of salt and gargle it down with my pwo protein shake. I've never tried the more expensive, flavored amino drinks.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
- You believe Jay Cutler uses MuscleTech.
- You think eating clean means rinsing your food.
- You bench and do curls on a medicine ball.
westside barbell uses DB bench on a medicine ball and i can say it works alot with stability for regular bench i wouldnt knock it

SemiBulimic

SemiBulimic

Awards
  • Established
"My other too tight white under armour vest is not as gay as this one"

"Real men do tricep kickbacks"

"Shut up and wrist-curl!"

"I bench more than Jacko"

"Lift light or go home"

These phrases should be tattooed on the foreheads of some twats in my gym, so i think they would make good clothing slogans

805bgtymer

Awards
dude wasup with all the weenies wearing the under armor shirts. I'm talking bout string bean looking homo's. 30 sets of situp and 10 sets of bench and curls. They wonder why they look like refugee's from a concentration camp. I hate my gym but its free, my dad doesnt use his membership so I do. Saves 30 bucks a month for more food!!

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
OP i think its a great idea and I would rock one.

The gloves thing I never understood. Chalk is the best glove ever invented.

I know I'm new here but sorry, I cannot lift/train with an ipod! PERIOD end of story. It is way too much of a distraction to me. Cardio sure! weight training? gtfu out of here with that ****.
Alls strapped to your arm with the cord all dangling and ****, always looks like their adjusting the song/volume etc. F that, go do work!

I like the shirt idea, I'm in if you decide to make em.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i used to do some of those...but not anymore..
i dont have a cell phone
i dont rest between sets
i dont train bi's
train chest every 10 days
i take adam,jacked,and animal flex
i hate mirrors
drop the dbs if i go heavy flat bench
dont take roids

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You think a pull-up is arriving at the gym.

You think dips is just another word for fools.

You say lean & tone.

You think the 'Big 3' are Bench, Leg Press, and Curls.

You rock your stunna shades at the gym. COME AT ME BRO!

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
i used to do some of those...but not anymore..
i dont have a cell phone
i dont rest between sets
i dont train bi's
train chest every 10 days
i take adam,jacked,and animal flex
i hate mirrors
drop the dbs if i go heavy flat bench
dont take roids
you dont rest between sets at all? just curious. cause im pretty sure i would only get 4 sets in before dying if i didn't rest at all in between

jackedandtan1

jackedandtan1

Awards
You think a pull-up is arriving at the gym.

You think dips is just another word for fools.

You say lean & tone.

You think the 'Big 3' are Bench, Leg Press, and Curls.

You rock your stunna shades at the gym. COME AT ME BRO!
funny brochacho

Enantato

Awards
You accessorize.
You curl on unstable surfaces.
Your rest periods are timed in conversations.
You say "tone" (x2).
You talk about P90X.
You talk, period.

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
update

I ended up going with pretty much my top 10 since I was making the shirt for me however I do enjoy reading everyone's opinions. The shirt was like $23.50 shipped and I would be happy to make the graphics for any of you and send you the link to the tshirt company.

This is what mine looks like....

Front

Back....I know I spelled supplements wrong...damn Photoshop!