Top 10 reasons you fail at the gym
- 08-07-2010, 06:24 PM
- 08-07-2010, 07:08 PM
"My other too tight white under armour vest is not as gay as this one"
"Real men do tricep kickbacks"
"Shut up and wrist-curl!"
"I bench more than Jacko"
"Lift light or go home"
These phrases should be tattooed on the foreheads of some twats in my gym, so i think they would make good clothing slogans
- 08-08-2010, 06:04 PM
dude wasup with all the weenies wearing the under armor shirts. I'm talking bout string bean looking homo's. 30 sets of situp and 10 sets of bench and curls. They wonder why they look like refugee's from a concentration camp. I hate my gym but its free, my dad doesnt use his membership so I do. Saves 30 bucks a month for more food!!
08-08-2010, 09:23 PM
OP i think its a great idea and I would rock one.
The gloves thing I never understood. Chalk is the best glove ever invented.
I know I'm new here but sorry, I cannot lift/train with an ipod! PERIOD end of story. It is way too much of a distraction to me. Cardio sure! weight training? gtfu out of here with that ****.
Alls strapped to your arm with the cord all dangling and ****, always looks like their adjusting the song/volume etc. F that, go do work!
I like the shirt idea, I'm in if you decide to make em.
08-08-2010, 10:10 PM
i used to do some of those...but not anymore..
i dont have a cell phone
i dont rest between sets
i dont train bi's
train chest every 10 days
i take adam,jacked,and animal flex
i hate mirrors
drop the dbs if i go heavy flat bench
dont take roids
08-08-2010, 10:30 PM
You think a pull-up is arriving at the gym.
You think dips is just another word for fools.
You say lean & tone.
You think the 'Big 3' are Bench, Leg Press, and Curls.
You rock your stunna shades at the gym. COME AT ME BRO!
"I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
08-08-2010, 10:51 PM
08-08-2010, 11:01 PM
08-09-2010, 12:22 AM
You curl on unstable surfaces.
Your rest periods are timed in conversations.
You say "tone" (x2).
You talk about P90X.
You talk, period.
08-09-2010, 11:23 AM
I ended up going with pretty much my top 10 since I was making the shirt for me however I do enjoy reading everyone's opinions. The shirt was like $23.50 shipped and I would be happy to make the graphics for any of you and send you the link to the tshirt company.
This is what mine looks like....
Back....I know I spelled supplements wrong...damn Photoshop!
08-09-2010, 12:34 PM
You only pick up 5lb dumbbells because you're just 'toning' and don't want to bulk up.
08-10-2010, 10:46 AM
OP where you getting them made at? I like.
08-10-2010, 10:56 AM
08-10-2010, 02:27 PM
08-10-2010, 03:51 PM
you work out at a "fitness club"
08-10-2010, 04:12 PM
08-10-2010, 04:16 PM
08-10-2010, 05:01 PM
The number one reason most guys have average physiques at the gym is that THEY DON"T WORK HARD.
08-11-2010, 11:09 AM
08-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Well, some on your list I actually do and feel it contributes greatly to my success. For instance,
9. You utilize the mirror to admire yourself rather than perfect your form
-Proper form has never done anything for me, if I want to stop my gains and hit a plateau, I'll do perfect form. It is knowing how to, and when to cheat are what makes me continuously move forward.
8. You perform reps of heavy weight at 1/4 range of movement
-I perform partial movements on pretty much all exercises because I find them far superior to full extensive reps in terms of building mass.
6. You don't squat or dead lift
-I personally avoid both of these. I use to squat and deadlift heavy until 3 years ago when I realized my legs and back were not growing. I switched squats to lunges and my legs ballooned up. I switched deadlifts to half rack partial deadlifts and my back blew up.
Thats just me though, we are each different.
08-11-2010, 01:50 PM
08-11-2010, 05:49 PM
08-11-2010, 06:36 PM
My list of reasons "you+gym=fail"
- You think bulking up means eating a lot and benching/curling more than normal.
- You go to the gym and neglect your back, leaving your upper body hunched over like a dumb ass.
- You think taking supplements will help you keep size when you stop working out.
- You believe anything you see on the ads of MD Magazine.
- You read Muscle and Fitness mag. (nothing against it, just personally don't think it's as useful as MD for me )
- You think training for a competition means getting a personal trainer at your local fitness club.
- You train the way some trainer tells you, not what is best for your body.
- You pay for training, and neglect the AM forums
- You let the weight slam on the way down instead of slowly lowering it (or at least trying to lower it slowly.
- You think doing lunges replaces squats.
- You don't research that PH the guy at the nutrition shop sold you.
- You think working out is the key to being fit, regardless of diet.
- You think going when you feel like it will keep you fit, and it's the thought that counts more than the action (mainly directed at obese/severly overweight people. not trying to step on toes, just my 0.02)
- You think N.O., protein, and bcaa's are the only supps you need, and the rest of your diet doesn't matter (I've seen this a lot personally).
And my favorite one from a bikini model I trained shortly (due to her lack of intelligence for dieting)
-You think fat burners are the answer for every form of weight loss, and gaining more muscle won't look good.
Some of these are kinda incomplete thoughts, and need to be re-worded, but that's my list... for what it's worth
08-11-2010, 08:10 PM
08-11-2010, 08:21 PM
08-11-2010, 08:55 PM
gloves yes, straps no.
Straps are a replacement for decent forearm muscles.
08-11-2010, 09:04 PM
08-11-2010, 09:09 PM
08-11-2010, 09:11 PM
08-11-2010, 10:19 PM
I said straps purely bc the Guy said he ripped a callus off so it seemed to me he was deadlifting more than his grip allowed.
Gloves are allowable for boxing or baseball thats it
08-11-2010, 11:29 PM
I wear gloves so I don't get thick as$ calluses on my hands, I'm a cook and need to feel what i touch. Calluses also create an undesirable surface that promotes the spread of bacteria and scrapes skin off my wang when I whack it.
I use straps because working one muscle group at a time gives me better results and I can go a couple more reps when doing dead's or rows. Lately I have been doing forearms while I watch my kid take a bath every night.
08-12-2010, 02:35 AM
I used to use gloves. Now I just use chalk. My hands get beat to sh1t but I can hold onto the bar much better and still work my grip. The lame bars they have at the fitness center I go to would roll in my hands and gloves. Now whenever my skin start peeling off I just rip it off and throw it away. If I have obvious open soft flesh I clean it up.
08-12-2010, 08:59 AM
I use straps. In the two months that i've been using them my DL has shot up about 100 lbs because I can actually hold onto the bar now.
08-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I've got turtle shells on my both hands, including at the base of my pinky
NSCA - CSCS
08-12-2010, 01:11 PM
I wear gloves even on leg day.
08-12-2010, 02:03 PM
08-13-2010, 07:07 PM
08-13-2010, 07:15 PM
08-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I wear back support on ab day? lol
08-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By CopyCat in forum MMAReplies: 15Last Post: 02-06-2010, 02:18 PM
- By T-AD in forum NutraplanetReplies: 5Last Post: 01-17-2010, 11:18 AM
- By Clops in forum Cycle InfoReplies: 31Last Post: 11-13-2009, 06:01 PM
- By rocky025 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 13Last Post: 02-08-2009, 07:29 AM
- By Boyders in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 32Last Post: 09-18-2008, 02:06 PM