Best Training Shoes??

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
Looking for some new kicks to train with. Any suggestions??

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
i never got into Otomix, wrestling type shoes, etc. felt like i was always walking with no cushion. i have a pair of all black 3/4 high jordans, and a pair of under armour that i stick with. gotta look stylish ; ) ....

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Nike Frees

I got the Free run + and they are sick, especially for squatting and deadlifting

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I've been wearing combat boots for the last 7 months. The steel toes have come in handy more than once too.

Edit* i dont actually suggest buying combat boots or any kind of boots to wear to the gym. I was just posting to post...

Sweekaters

Awards
Nike Frees

I got the Free run + and they are sick, especially for squatting and deadlifting
I have the free 5.0s, and I find they have a little too much 'give'. When I squat the middle part of my foot starts to move in and my knees don't track outward as much as they should. I don't know if other frees have this problem, but I was disappointed as I bought them specifically for lifting.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
I have the free 5.0s, and I find they have a little too much 'give'. When I squat the middle part of my foot starts to move in and my knees don't track outward as much as they should. I don't know if other frees have this problem, but I was disappointed as I bought them specifically for lifting.
I have a pair of nike frees and imo they have too much give for even a long run (6-7 miles). I need something with a lot of support for exercises like squats, cleans, etc.

kmcart

Awards
chuck taylors or barefoot.
I like these also...I'm currently using a really worn down pair of addidas sambas until I get some vibrams or a pair of chuck taylor just for my workouts.

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
I just picked up some Fila driving shoes. They are flat like Puma's.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Chucks or barefeet...pl style if constantly going heavy though.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I actually wear flat pumas similar to those filas posted above. Mine are ferrari tho ;)

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Chucks are a must IMO. Reps to the first to share that. Currently I am using some new Adidas Tech 12's, or I2's. Very decent shoes so far. Just enough cushion, but not too much. Pretty flat sole as well.

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually going to go out and buy a pair of Chucks today if I can find a store with them but until now I've been using adidas similar to what Elginyo has got, tbh I don't like them one bit 'cause they aren't quite flat enough on the sole.

Effolkma

Awards
Chucks or if you used to wrestle, a pair of old wrestling shoes.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vibram fivefingers
I am dying to try these myself. I use my brooks beasts. I have serious flat feet issues and these are the most supportive shoes I have ever tried.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
So what are you guys saying, any shoe with a good flat sole is the kind to get for lifting?

Is barefoot really a good idea?

crush22

Awards
Recently started going barefoot for squats and deads. Took me a few times out to get used to it, but now I don't think i'll be changing back anytime soon.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha. Those look intense! You'd have to be a harda$$ to wear those in my gym and not get made fun of haha
Yea lol well I emant what I said about it being for big lifts...if you can't squat at least 315-405 you don't need those shoes haha.

Recently started going barefoot for squats and deads. Took me a few times out to get used to it, but now I don't think i'll be changing back anytime soon.
Yup there are a lot of big strong guys who don't use shoes at all in normal training...I actually like the grip and natural feel of it.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
Looking for some new kicks to train with. Any suggestions??
five fingers are what i use and their perfect. look weird to some but they are perfect for balance and grip. exactly like going barefoot.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Hmm never heard of those shoes before ....gonna have to check them out.

TheBreeze

TheBreeze

Awards
  • Established
I used to wear wrestling shoes for squats and deads in high school. I really liked it. The shoes also had wicked grip for doing any type of calf work.
I wear Nike Shox or some Air Max now, however I have not had any problems with support but rather my feet sort of shift outwards in my shoes when I squat more than about 315 or so.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
I used to wear wrestling shoes for squats and deads in high school. I really liked it. The shoes also had wicked grip for doing any type of calf work.
I wear Nike Shox or some Air Max now, however I have not had any problems with support but rather my feet sort of shift outwards in my shoes when I squat more than about 315 or so.
http://ericcressey.com/nike-shox-and-high-heels