a totally diffrent way to work out? check this out!

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
From looking at the above links, this is what I gathered:
-wear a tourniquet
-hold your breath

And your muscles will get hyoooge...

cowboy007

cowboy007

Awards
  • Established
Yeah... I didnt think it made much sense

Kaatsu implies the practice of occlusion

In medical terms, occlusion is the act of occluding (obstructing); a shutting off or obstruction of something, in this case, the blood flow of muscles.

Kaatsu training applies occlusion by restricting blood flow to target muscle groups. You basically apply a tourniquet or a tight wrap to the proximal portion of the target limb in order to fully or partially restrict blood flow for the duration of a low intensity exercise session. Its rumored to do in 2 weeks what regular weight training does in 5.

And there IS a good deal of US researched data on the topic. Students with EBschost or JSTOR PW should have access to studies and academic journals.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah... I didnt think it made much sense

Kaatsu implies the practice of occlusion

In medical terms, occlusion is the act of occluding (obstructing); a shutting off or obstruction of something, in this case, the blood flow of muscles.

Kaatsu training applies occlusion by restricting blood flow to target muscle groups. You basically apply a tourniquet or a tight wrap to the proximal portion of the target limb in order to fully or partially restrict blood flow for the duration of a low intensity exercise session. Its rumored to do in 2 weeks what regular weight training does in 5.

And there IS a good deal of US researched data on the topic. Students with EBschost or JSTOR PW should have access to studies and academic journals.
Dude, looks like I guessed right.. I didnt even open the links lol..

Sweekaters

Awards
I don't think the extra muscle mass will be worth the looks you get in the gym for slapping a tourniquet around your legs before doing calf raises.