I'm squating 10lbs more than I can deadlift

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. I think people are missing the main point here. Of course if you have a significant injury history or if you train your SQ and not your DL you may SQ more than you DL. I guess I should qualify my statement more. I've seen many young trainees over the years and here's what I've observed. If someone is a relative beginner, not obese, has no significant injury history, has been training both lifts, and knows how to perform the lifts at all and they SQ more than they DL, 95+% of time they are squatting above parallel. Thus I start with SQ depth when this comes up.
    There are people who do truly SQ more than they DL without any mitigating circumstances, but they are the exception not the rule. Besides, what would it hurt if the OP made sure his depth is good? If it's fine, then he should just press on and keep training and not worry about it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    I agree I would not be able to atg squat more than I deadlift either.
    I ATG squat more than I DL..
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by SRS2000 View Post
    I think people are missing the main point here. Of course if you have a significant injury history or if you train your SQ and not your DL you may SQ more than you DL. I guess I should qualify my statement more. I've seen many young trainees over the years and here's what I've observed. If someone is a relative beginner, not obese, has no significant injury history, has been training both lifts, and knows how to perform the lifts at all and they SQ more than they DL, 95+% of time they are squatting above parallel. Thus I start with SQ depth when this comes up.
    There are people who do truly SQ more than they DL without any mitigating circumstances, but they are the exception not the rule. Besides, what would it hurt if the OP made sure his depth is good? If it's fine, then he should just press on and keep training and not worry about it.
    Well like I said I am foundout I am deading slightly more weight. My bench press, squat and deadlift are all around 10lbs apart.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Squating please help me reach max!!
    By maddog28 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 12:54 AM
  2. elbow pain while squating
    By DerickVonD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 10:00 PM
  3. Need to Lose 10lbs by 06/29/09
    By cheloz28 in forum Weight Loss