I'm squating 10lbs more than I can deadlift
- 07-23-2010, 09:00 PM
- 07-23-2010, 11:13 PM
I squat more than I dead lift. I also work on squats much more. They are my favorite. So it makes sense.
07-23-2010, 11:47 PM
true atg with no bounce-actually stopping in the hole, there is no way i can do what i deadlift.
"normal squats", i can squat more.
07-24-2010, 12:57 AM
07-24-2010, 12:58 AM
if i went any lower on my squats id be sitting. atg or get out
NTBM Line @ NUTRAPLANET
All posts are for entertainment purposes only.
Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
07-24-2010, 11:38 AM
I think people are missing the main point here. Of course if you have a significant injury history or if you train your SQ and not your DL you may SQ more than you DL. I guess I should qualify my statement more. I've seen many young trainees over the years and here's what I've observed. If someone is a relative beginner, not obese, has no significant injury history, has been training both lifts, and knows how to perform the lifts at all and they SQ more than they DL, 95+% of time they are squatting above parallel. Thus I start with SQ depth when this comes up.
There are people who do truly SQ more than they DL without any mitigating circumstances, but they are the exception not the rule. Besides, what would it hurt if the OP made sure his depth is good? If it's fine, then he should just press on and keep training and not worry about it.
07-24-2010, 11:44 AM
07-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By maddog28 in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 33Last Post: 07-21-2010, 11:54 PM
- By DerickVonD in forum Training ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 05-30-2010, 09:00 PM
- By cheloz28 in forum Weight LossReplies: 13Last Post: 06-14-2009, 07:41 PM
- By virileman44 in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 04-24-2008, 02:32 PM
- By PumpingIron in forum NutraplanetReplies: 2Last Post: 06-02-2007, 12:18 PM