breathing

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
I'm reading "Bruce Lee: The Art of Expressing the Human Body" and it is suggested on some lifts to inhale while moving the weight (on the push or pull) and exhale on the negative... Any thoughts? I exhale while moving the weight and inhale on the negative on every lift.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
That is how I lift

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm reading "Bruce Lee: The Art of Expressing the Human Body" and it is suggested on some lifts to inhale while moving the weight (on the push or pull) and exhale on the negative... Any thoughts? I exhale while moving the weight and inhale on the negative on every lift.
It really depends on the individual and the lift they're performing. Sometimes I do it the first way mentioned, and other times I do it the last way mentioned. Like everything else, it's about what works for YOU.

~Team APPNUT

Nick3d

Awards
I find it easier if I breathe out on the way up, according to some sources it gives you a bigger feeling of power.

NCAA68

NCAA68

Awards
  • Established
It might be a good training technique to gain strength like reversing ur grip but to maximize power u need to exhale.

I havnt read that book but i believe he states the opposite in the tao of gung fu