stiff leg deadlifts vs leg curls

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Well since I'm going to the gym now, I was wondering if I could do leg curls instead of stiff leg deadlifts which I hate and still build up strong hamstrings. Would this be a good idea?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Both are real effective! I say alternate.. Or combine.

SamuraiSid

Awards
^^Agreed.
SLDL work the hams from the hip joint, while leg curls work from the knee joint. Ideally you should incorporate both. However since you hate the SLDL Id suggest focusing on them. Gaining mass is about kicking the **** out of your muscles, so taking the 'easy' road so to speak, is redundant.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plus, the extra glute and hip work will work your flexibility and provide much more overload than leg curls.

SamuraiSid

Awards
Id also like to throw in that my wife, while criticing my physique told me I have a flabby ass :( Im sure most guys dont worry about gaining muscular glutes, but apparently the women love them... Its the homersexuals who love the loose butts.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
Id also like to throw in that my wife, while criticing my physique told me I have a flabby ass :( Im sure most guys dont worry about gaining muscular glutes, but apparently the women love them... Its the homersexuals who love the loose butts.
W T F

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
i chuckled a little samurai :veryhappy:

i do both stiff legged deads and leg curls. i do my SLDL's with dumbbells though because its more comfortable for me and I feel a better stretch.