Girlfriend workout

tallbikerguy

Awards
Can anyone help with a workout routine for my girl? I know how to work out myself but my goals are different from my girl's. She is skinny and the type that doesn't gain weight regardless of how much she eats. She just wants to firm up and ideallly not lose any weight. I'd say light on cardio, just enough to warm up, then light on weights while high on reps...

Does anyone have like a program they like to stick to that works?

Thanks and regards

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Send her to yoga/pilates.

She'll get tighter and flexibler. ;)

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
So shes sounds like a hard gainer chick, it would be hard for her to put on real mass with any routine, high reps and light weight is just gonna be a muscle endurance exercise for her which is fine if thats what she wants, but if she wants to "tone up" shes gonna need to train heavy, just tell her high reps is for weight loss and low reps is to tone up, this will put things simply.

I would recomend a typical beginners routine, no forced reps, casual aproach, but an 8-10 or at the very most 10-15 rep range no bone toning stuff like 20 reps or stopping as soon as it burns.
She should concentrate on lower body too, so I think ideally Starting Strength with slightly higher reps like 3x8 rather than 3x5, the only thing SS is missing is side and rear delt work, if your not gonna add those in then leave out the military press too.
And if she is not up to it you can substitute Squats and Deadlifts for Leg press and Hyper extensions.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
My girl has a small frame but we're working on her gaining some lean mass and staying lean. We live together, so I have been helping her get her diet in check.. AND she does not lift light. She will never want to "bulk" if you know what I mean but lifting heavy is the way to go.. Of course easy does it. Concentrate on legs, they burn more fat than any ab isolation exercise. Since my girl started doing deadlifts and squats her weight has shot up and her tummy has tightened up a lot. Legs are a must for girls wanting a banging body

tallbikerguy

Awards
My girl has a small frame but we're working on her gaining some lean mass and staying lean. We live together, so I have been helping her get her diet in check.. AND she does not lift light. She will never want to "bulk" if you know what I mean but lifting heavy is the way to go.. Of course easy does it. Concentrate on legs, they burn more fat than any ab isolation exercise. Since my girl started doing deadlifts and squats her weight has shot up and her tummy has tightened up a lot. Legs are a must for girls wanting a banging body
I totally agree man. Legs are a big booster for a girl's body. My girl has a nice lil frame too, she used to do synchronized swimming for many years so she is very flexible and athletic. No cellulite or anything either, just wants to firm up.

wicknilly

Awards
but if she wants to "tone up" shes gonna need to train heavy, just tell her high reps is for weight loss and low reps is to tone up, this will put things simply.
exactly...women respond much better to heavier weight and lower reps(8-12). don't worry, she will not 'bulk up,' that's just a common misconception.

a basic training routine w/ slightly lower volume will suit her just fine.

and remember, diet is everything

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
have her do 5x5, nothing fancy and its simple