i HATE MY BICEPS

fmfws185

Awards
Ok fellas need some help. With my biceps, my right bicep is smaller than my left but more cut, also it is stronger. My left is bigger but weaker. I'm stuck idk what do or how to fix it. I try to work my left more to catch up with the strength of my right but my left just get bigger. When I train my right to reach the size of my left it get stronger lol so idk what to do
Any advice.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
bb curls

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
The thing is i have uneven arms like you and doing exercises like bb curls after some intense compound back movements have helped to even them out a bit. the left still lags a bit, but the trick is NOT to isolate them from eachother. Work them together until the other catches up. Same intensity, same reps.. Does that make sense?

reptone

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned, BB curls and I`m a strong believer in negative reps. If you do not know what they are, respond and I`ll explain.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Never heard of those. Please do explain
Put what you can do 8-10 reps(for 3 sets) with on the bar, do as many as you can. Without putting the bar down, have a spotter help you bring it up but on the way down YOU control it. You do these negative reps to failure(you can no longer control or hold the weighted bar). You then take some weight off(usually 20%) and do it all over again, etc etc until you are usin g only the bar. This is gonne hurt like hell the next day but the shock to the muscle and the growth is incredible. This can be done for longer periods but I ususllay do it for 2 weeks twice a year hitting every body part twice a week.
It`s not for everybody.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I have the same issue, left is smaller and more of a ball bicep, right is larger, longer, and a lil stronger.

Barbell exercises, isolation will allow the more dominate arm to excel. Preacher curls with an EZ bar, BB curls, etc helped me. I am encountering this again now that I am recovering my lost muscle, so I have to go through grueling "balance" process again. reptone is right, it doesnt need to be done all the time, but every once in awhile its great for keeping things aesthetically pleasing.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned, BB curls and I`m a strong believer in negative reps. If you do not know what they are, respond and I`ll explain.
Negs are where it's at!! Repped bro

Also, on lighter days use 21s just to burn them suckers out

fmfws185

Awards
How well do neg reps compare to regular reps for building mass?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
How well do neg reps compare to regular reps for building mass?
When you do negatives you are working past positive failure. So it is more weight then you can do alone. You get someone to help you put up the "positive" and you bring the weight down slow and controlled. Promotes muscle growth like crazy. if my shoulder didnt bother me I would do it on chest to really blow it up

wicknilly

Awards
bb curls to fix an imbalance issue!?! come on guys

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established

wicknilly

Awards
suggest something then bro
anything that isolates the biceps individually, ie: concentration curls, db curls(both standing and seated), hammer curls, etc. imo, bb curls will further enhance the problem. also, look at your back development. is one side larger than the other? you may be indirectly and unintentionally working one arm harder when doing back exercises. don't focus on lifting heavy, focus on feeling your muscle contract.

just fyi, i'm very shoulder dominate. my left arm was slightly smaller than my right and i noticed that i was using my shoulder much more to help compensate. as soon as i figured this out, i started doing more isolation exercises at lower weight and really focusing on the squeeze. my left arm is still slightly weaker but has caught up to my right in size.

all that said, genetics definitely play a major role. just do the best you can w/ the tools you've got...and remember, it doesn't matter how much weight you can lift, what matters is how much weight it looks like you can lift.

good luck

NCAA68

NCAA68

Awards
  • Established
Gotta switch hit man!

need more explanation?

Don't be afraid to rub one out left handed from time to time its a lil awkward at first but that just means its gonna take longer and youll get a better wo with it

wicknilly

Awards
Gotta switch hit man!

need more explanation?

Don't be afraid to rub one out left handed from time to time its a lil awkward at first but that just means its gonna take longer and youll get a better wo with it
x2 lol