Can someone suggest a good hypertrophy workout?

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
I have been doing DC training for the past 3 months and I would like to change it up for a few months. My joints are feeling the effects from the heavy weight and I have a cruise coming up in a week, so I was wanting a workout that focus' on hypertrophy instead of strength. There is only one catch, NO LEG WORK.

All suggestions are welcome. I would like to hear experiences with whatever program is suggested as well. :drive:

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i just recently changed my workout and it takes alot for me to gain mass and this week ive put on a pound and a half. here is what im doing for the next few weeks and i love it, but remember, the key is to always change your routine up.

mon - back and chest (only 3 exercises per muscle group 3 to 4 sets)
tues - arms
wed - off
thurs - back chest
friday- arms
sat - legs (i know u said u cant do leg work so maybe do shoulders here or something)
sun off

this is another one i go back to alot

mon - chest
tues - back
wed - off
thurs - 5x5
friday - off
sat - arms and squats
sun - off

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
thank you for the response. IF I wanted to do a push/pull split how would I go about doing so? How many reps/sets? how many days off? I'm not very familiar with this type of workout, all i know is that you don't train to failure, correct?

And as far as putting the 5x5 in there, do you do a full body day on that 5x5?

I really like the first workout you suggested, but i don't like taking a full day for just arms. I will try to come up with a modified version of this.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
i hate push pull routines personally. the first workout is a modified version of one of arnolds old workout i found in the bodybuilding encyclopedia written by arnold. everytime i lift arms twice a week they explode. this works for me because i recover very quick so working something out twice a week for me does the trick. as for the 2nd workout and 5x5 on thursday, i do bench, row, deads and squats. so i hit ALMOST each muscle again so im almost getting a second workout in for each muscle.