DC Training

dusty

dusty

Awards
Alright so I have been researching the whole DC training method for about a month now and I figured id give it a shot. For two weeks i will lift Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, with the weekends for recovery. The next two weeks I will take it Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to switch it up and take it a little easier.

The supps I will be on is:
Creatine mono
Glutamine
Jacked
and of course protein powder.

Eating a little above maintence which is around 3100 cals.

Today was my first workout which went like this:

Bench: Warm up with 135X20, 155X15, 185X10. 225X8,6,4 Rest Paused

Military Press: Warm up with BarX30, 95X15, 105X15. 115X12,8,8 Rest Paused

Skull Crushers: Warmup with 55X20, 65X15. 85X12,8,6 Rest Paused

Pullups: Warmup 3X8 Bodyweight. BW+10lbsX8,6,6 Rest Paused

Deadlifts: Warmup 185X10, 225X10. 265X20 Straight Set

Stretch

Didn't hit my rep range on some lifts, but hey I had to start somewhere. Will post pics soon

Attachments

Last edited:
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should be fun. I like DC, but seem to be doing better overall on a 4 day split now.

dusty

dusty

Awards
Ya ive kinda hit a plateau the past few weeks. Figured I needed to try something new, so why not ya know?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, the problem to me mostly was that I am tired of dealing with rotating bulk/cut cycles. DC is great on a bulk, but at 42 years old sucks ass on a cut. Recovery became horrible. For me even just recomping on DC is hard without raising my androgen levels.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love DC style training. One idea Dusty..you might want to cut down on some of the warm up numbers. Like for chest do 135x15 155x5 185x3 then the 225 DC set. Just a thought big man!

dusty

dusty

Awards
Ya Easy I feel ya. Im still on the younger side so I got alot left in me.lol. I think I can get alot more size on than what i have.

Thanks for the advice AZMIDLYF. Ya i felt incredibly weak doing 225. I can usually bust out fourteen. I knew i was probly a little burnt out. I didnt hit my rep range on a couple things but these first few workouts are probly gonna be me feelin my way around this new routine.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No doubt. You will need to get a feel for this workout. I just think you might be expending too much energy on the warm ups and not leaving enough for the working set. Keep at it Dusty.

dusty

dusty

Awards
Woke up this morning and hit the insanity dvds for my cardio, then about an hour later went to the gym.

Todays workout was ehh. Still getting used to not doing as many excercises per body part. Went a little like this

Biceps: Standing Alt. Curls; couple of warm up sets then 65's RP for 22 total

Forearms: Forearm Curls; slight warm up then 95 for a straight set of 20 then a 20 sec hold

Calves: Standing toe raises; 2 warm up sets with 200(on leg sled) then straight set of 20 with 400 and a 20 sec negative set

Hamstrings: Leg curl; Warm up with 70 and 80 then 95 RP for a total of 22.

Quads: Squats; Warm up with 135 and 225 then 245 RP for a total of 24.

And of course stretched at the end. Kinda felt like a pu**y doin that little weight on legs. I didnt wanna be sore but next time im sayin f*** it and goin all out.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Woke up this morning and hit the insanity dvds for my cardio, then about an hour later went to the gym.

Todays workout was ehh. Still getting used to not doing as many excercises per body part. Went a little like this

Biceps: Standing Alt. Curls; couple of warm up sets then 65's RP for 22 total

Forearms: Forearm Curls; slight warm up then 95 for a straight set of 20 then a 20 sec hold

Calves: Standing toe raises; 2 warm up sets with 200(on leg sled) then straight set of 20 with 400 and a 20 sec negative set

Hamstrings: Leg curl; Warm up with 70 and 80 then 95 RP for a total of 22.

Quads: Squats; Warm up with 135 and 225 then 245 RP for a total of 24.

And of course stretched at the end. Kinda felt like a pu**y doin that little weight on legs. I didnt wanna be sore but next time im sayin f*** it and goin all out.
Looks good Dusty. The weights need to go up on most of your lifts. The Biceps could go up so total RP number is around 15. Forearms are increased if a straight set of 20 reps is reached. The calves are a straight set of 12 where at rep 8 you are praying for death. You also do a good pause at the bottom of each rep. Hamstrings are looking like they can go up as well. I go to 20 total and increase when there. Squats are a whole other animal. You warm up and then do one heavy ass set where 6-8 reps is all you can get. When 8 is easy then the weight goes up. Follow this up after a 2-3 minute rest with a backoff set of 20 reps(widowmaker) with a weight that seems impossible when 15 is reached. You do not rest pause squats. Keep pounding it champ!!

dusty

dusty

Awards
Looks good Dusty. The weights need to go up on most of your lifts. The Biceps could go up so total RP number is around 15. Forearms are increased if a straight set of 20 reps is reached. The calves are a straight set of 12 where at rep 8 you are praying for death. You also do a good pause at the bottom of each rep. Hamstrings are looking like they can go up as well. I go to 20 total and increase when there. Squats are a whole other animal. You warm up and then do one heavy ass set where 6-8 reps is all you can get. When 8 is easy then the weight goes up. Follow this up after a 2-3 minute rest with a backoff set of 20 reps(widowmaker) with a weight that seems impossible when 15 is reached. You do not rest pause squats. Keep pounding it champ!!
Thanks for all the info man. Im assuming your a seasoned vet at DC?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been rocking it for about 2 years now. I've sort of bastardized it though for my tastes as far as the body part/day schedule. I stuck to the format for the first year and then started switching things up. My age had something to do with the switch though. You are young so no problems there. Keep the log book and beat it everytime!!

dusty

dusty

Awards
I've been rocking it for about 2 years now. I've sort of bastardized it though for my tastes as far as the body part/day schedule. I stuck to the format for the first year and then started switching things up. My age had something to do with the switch though. You are young so no problems there. Keep the log book and beat it everytime!!
Will do. You ever take any breaks from it?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cruise about every 6 weeks. You being younger would probably mean you could go about 8 weeks. You have to give your CNS and joints,tendons a sort of recoup period. During this week or sometimes even 2 weeks off I usually will just do cardio and light weight sets. When I come back, for the first week I go to the weights I finished with before but don't rest pause them. So for instance, if my chest set was say 8-4-2 I would use that same weight but do 1 set of like 5 reps. The next week is back to full DC.

dusty

dusty

Awards
Woke up a little late this morning, but still got the insanity cardio in. Thank god it was a recovery day. About thirty minutes after I went to the gym to hit it up.

Chest: BB Incline; Warm up with 135 and 155 then 225 RP for 6,4,3. I felt a little spent on chest already so I felt incredibly weak.

Shoulders: Arnold Press; Warm up with 35's and 55's then 80 RP for 6,4,4

Triceps: Dips (not bench dips); 2 warm up sets with BW then 3 sets of 8 with a 25lb dumbell. Definately need to go up on these. Didnt really know my capabilities there.

Back Width: Lat Pulls; Warm up with 150 and 160 then a straight set of 20 with 195.

Back Thickness: Low Cable Rows; 2 sets of 160, Then another set of 195 by 20 with 20 sec hold.
(the gym i workout at has a very sh**ty machine. Might just skip the machines all together next time)

At the end I stretched then did abs.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the problem to me mostly was that I am tired of dealing with rotating bulk/cut cycles. DC is great on a bulk, but at 42 years old sucks ass on a cut. Recovery became horrible. For me even just recomping on DC is hard without raising my androgen levels.
x2

Almost as soon as I dropped the calories I was overtraining. Next cut I will just drop all the rest pausing and negatives.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Woke up a little late this morning, but still got the insanity cardio in. Thank god it was a recovery day. About thirty minutes after I went to the gym to hit it up.

Chest: BB Incline; Warm up with 135 and 155 then 225 RP for 6,4,3. I felt a little spent on chest already so I felt incredibly weak.

Shoulders: Arnold Press; Warm up with 35's and 55's then 80 RP for 6,4,4

Triceps: Dips (not bench dips); 2 warm up sets with BW then 3 sets of 8 with a 25lb dumbell. Definately need to go up on these. Didnt really know my capabilities there.

Back Width: Lat Pulls; Warm up with 150 and 160 then a straight set of 20 with 195.

Back Thickness: Low Cable Rows; 2 sets of 160, Then another set of 195 by 20 with 20 sec hold.
(the gym i workout at has a very sh**ty machine. Might just skip the machines all together next time)

At the end I stretched then did abs.
Damn Dusty...80lbs on Arnolds:box: That is smoking!! The workout has some things that need to be altered. The Dips are not straight setted. These get the DC rest pause. The Back Width and Back Thick exercises do as well except for the Back Thick exercises: Dead lift,BB rows,Standing T-Bars. These are done with one very heavy set of 6-8 then a backoff set of 12 reps. When 8 gets easy then increase the weight. Same for when the backoff of 12 gets easy. Your back looks very strong so your weights are going to jump tremendously. Right now you can do a straight set of 20 with 195 on pulldowns. To bring this into the 6-8 rep range for the first rest pause set means quite a jump in weight.:shocked1: Let's see what happens big D!!

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I quickly read up on DC training as it has become quite popular.
If I were to change anything in it though it would be to pre-emptively alternate the 3 exercises each workout rather than waiting for a platue to happen. So as to prevent detraining.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I quickly read up on DC training as it has become quite popular.
If I were to change anything in it though it would be to pre-emptively alternate the 3 exercises each workout rather than waiting for a platue to happen. So as to prevent detraining.
You use 3 different exercises for a muscle group in each blast period.

dusty

dusty

Awards
Damn Dusty...80lbs on Arnolds:box: That is smoking!! The workout has some things that need to be altered. The Dips are not straight setted. These get the DC rest pause. The Back Width and Back Thick exercises do as well except for the Back Thick exercises: Dead lift,BB rows,Standing T-Bars. These are done with one very heavy set of 6-8 then a backoff set of 12 reps. When 8 gets easy then increase the weight. Same for when the backoff of 12 gets easy. Your back looks very strong so your weights are going to jump tremendously. Right now you can do a straight set of 20 with 195 on pulldowns. To bring this into the 6-8 rep range for the first rest pause set means quite a jump in weight.:shocked1: Let's see what happens big D!!
As for the dips I didnt mean I straight setted it. Sorry for the confusion. I attempted to RP them but I went way to light. Again, thanks for the advice

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
You use 3 different exercises for a muscle group in each blast period.
But arnt they alternated each month or whenever you hit a wall?
If you havent done an exercise in a month your not gonna be trained for it especially with heavy weight hence the initial gains, I believe in alternating the exercises each workout as to keep the body trained for that movement and allow proper muscle stimulation without having the CNS constantly be bombarded by the same movement.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This would be a blast for my chest...A1 Incline BB,A2 Flat BB,A3 Decline BB. On the 3 day split then on Monday it would be A1,Friday would be A2,next Wednesday is A3,and then A1 comes back and you have to beat what you did the last time.

dusty

dusty

Awards
Hit the legs pretty hard today. Still trying to kinda figure the DC out. Also, gonna start checkin my weight to see if im gaining anything.
Heres how it went:

Biceps: EZ Curls; Warmed up then RP for 7,6,3 with 70

Forearms: Front curls; Warm up then a SS of 20 with 115

Calves: Sled Raises; Warm up then SS of 12 with a pause at the top of each with 520

Hamstrings: Glute Hams; Couple of Warm up sets with BW then SS of 15 with a 35lb plate

Quads: Leg Ext.; Warm up then RP for a total of 18 with 225.

Dynamic Stretching

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workout D...looks like forearms and calves can get a weight increase.

dusty

dusty

Awards
Just did cardio today. Taking the weekend off to recover. Hopefully monday ill come back and do it big.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's what weekends are for D. Rest and rebuild so you can tear it all down again!!

dusty

dusty

Awards
Ight got back in it today. Heres how it went:

DB Bench: warm up with 65 and 75's then RP with 100's for 8,6,6

Upright Rows: Warm up with 95 and 105 then RP with 115 for 8,5,4

Reverse Grip Bench: Warm up with 135 and 185 then RP with 205 for 7,4,4

Towel Pullups: Warm up with a set of BWX10 then a SS of BWX15

T Bar Row: Warm up with 90 and 135 then RP with 180 for 8,5,4

Stretched.

Only did a fit test today for cardio so had a light day of it. The approach im starting to take to this workout is thinking of a weight I can do, then add about ten pounds to that. So far, im loving this workout.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ight got back in it today. Heres how it went:

DB Bench: warm up with 65 and 75's then RP with 100's for 8,6,6

Upright Rows: Warm up with 95 and 105 then RP with 115 for 8,5,4

Reverse Grip Bench: Warm up with 135 and 185 then RP with 205 for 7,4,4

Towel Pullups: Warm up with a set of BWX10 then a SS of BWX15 T Bar Row: Warm up with 90 and 135 then RP with 180 for 8,5,4 Stretched.

Only did a fit test today for cardio so had a light day of it. The approach im starting to take to this workout is thinking of a weight I can do, then add about ten pounds to that. So far, im loving this workout.

Numbers are big Dusty. The bolded stuff is what can be changed. You can rest pause the pullups and I would add weight with a belt to those. The T-bar is something that is not rest paused...back safety. Just do one very heavy set..you would probably increase what you did to like 195 so 6-8 would be a maybe. Then rest 1-2 minutes and do a backoff set of 12 with a weight that has you working like hell to get 12. All good bubba!!

dusty

dusty

Awards
Ight thanks man.

btw, i decided im going to run a cycle of CEL D-Plex. Wanna put on a lil mass before my vacation. Got all my support supps and pct in line so no worry for that.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't really know much about the PH/DS use because I never had an interest in them. Good luck with your run bubba!!

dusty

dusty

Awards
Ya I had a few extra bucks to spend so why not? What are all your supps/staples?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty boring actually...multi vit,fishoil,anti-oxidant,protein powder,pre workout of some form(ASGT now),Protocol intra,and lots of food. That's the normal routine. I try different things every now and then.

dusty

dusty

Awards
Felt like today was the toughest day so far. Dont know if it was the Insanity i did before my workout or what. Heres how it went:

Preacher Curls: warm up with 70 and 80 then RP 90X8,6,4

DB Forearm Curls: warm up then a ss of 85X12

Standing BB Raises: Warm up with 225 and then a SS of 315X12

Straight Leg Deadlift: Warm up with 135 and 205 then RP 225X8,6,5

Hack Squat(on leg press machine): warm up with 200 and 270 then a set of 320X8 with a backoff set 200X12

Stretched

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a great workout Dusty! Should get some good growth from it...now eat and sleep big too.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you doing all stretches at the end? I've found it feels a little better to stretch the body part after all the direct work for it is over, before moving to the next body part

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you doing all stretches at the end? I've found it feels a little better to stretch the body part after all the direct work for it is over, before moving to the next body part
:bigok:

dusty

dusty

Awards
Yes I stretch after I complete the whole workout. On the upper body days I will do more of a static stretch but on lower body dominate days I like to dynamic stretch. And thank God for recovery days. My lower body is cooked. Doin Insanity this morning was like pulling teeth.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Granted, I am alot older but you have to be careful with going to crazy on the cardio. DC training taxes your body pretty hard by itself so pounding it with a strenuous cardio session could put you into overtraining. Just a thought Dusty.

dusty

dusty

Awards
Ya Ive thought about this. My recovery feels like its really good though. Ive felt myself overtraining so ill definetely know if that begins. Also at least gettin my 8 hours in a night

dusty

dusty

Awards
Had a busy day yesterday so I didnt get to update. Heres my workout from yesterday:

Standing Curls: Warm up then RP 75 for 7,5,3

Back Forearm curls: Warm up then a SS of 155 for 15 reps

Standing Calf Raises(on leg sled): Warm up then a SS of 490 for 15 reps with holds at the top of each rep

Leg Curls: warm up then RP 145 for 7,4,4

Squats: Warm up then a set of 345X8 then a set of 225X12 right after

Dynamic stretching

Will post todays workout later on tonight.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks great Dusty. Weights moving up on a couple next time. You do know you get about a 2 minute rest between the heavy squat set and the 20 rep widowmaker attempt?

dusty

dusty

Awards
Aight heres the other my workout from friday:

Bench: warm up then RP 235 for 8,5,4

Military Press: warm up then RP 145 for 8,5,4

Skull Crushers: warm up then RP 90 for 8,6,4

Pull ups: warm up with bw then RP a 15lb dumbell for 8,6,6

Deadlift: warm up then RP 295 for 8,5,3

Dynamic stretching

Weights are going up so Im stayin happy.lol

dusty

dusty

Awards
As for a little update on the DC, today I kept the same weight on a few leg lifts but got more reps. Monday I increased in weight on everything. So far im extremely happy with my results and recovery.