pressure in fingers after deadlifting

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Lately I've been feeling a lot of pressure in my fingers after deadlifting. I have been having finger pain lately and I still have tendinitis in my wrists.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
Can you describe pressure? Does it feel like the tip of your finger is going to explode? Do you feel the pressure around the knuckles of the fingers?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Can you describe pressure? Does it feel like the tip of your finger is going to explode? Do you feel the pressure around the knuckles of the fingers?
Fingers. Basically all of my fingers feel a lot of pressure and soreness. When I switched from an overhand grip to a mixed grip, it helped a little, but not a lot. I feel most of the pressure around where my fingers meet my hand.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How much weight are you moving? it might be worth a shot at picking up cheap hooks, unless you are trying to compete in powerlifting

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
How much weight are you moving? it might be worth a shot at picking up cheap hooks, unless you are trying to compete in powerlifting
150lbs. I was thinking of picking up hooks, however I read that deads also work your forearm and I want big forearms, but I'm already doing wrist curls and hammer curls.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
That area is where the bar usually settles after the 1st rep.

Go pick of a cheap pair of straps. See if that helps.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
That area is where the bar usually settles after the 1st rep.

Go pick of a cheap pair of straps. See if that helps.
Okay, is there a brand you can recommend and would ****s sporting goods have them? Also will me using these make my forearms less developed? As I stated I'm already doing hammer curls and wrist curls, but I read that deadlifts help develop your forearms also.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I was also thinking maybe I am not gripping the bar tight enough. I hope I didn't damage anything. Next week, I'll try deadlifting again and focus on having a tight grip and if that doesn't work I'll get the straps.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Are you going to be working your forearms more or less if your fingers aren't usable ?