Give this exercise a try - rear and side delts

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
You will need a mid cable pulley designed for cable crossovers.

The cable pulley should be at about neck level.

Grab the pulleys crossed over.

Stand so the cable pulleys are about 30-40 degrees to either side of you, step back far if needed.

Do a face pull to about eye level with your elbows high.
Simulating this exercise:
YouTube- Band Face Pull/Pull Apart Combo

Hits side and rear delts, that exercise in the youtube video rated highest on EMG studies for both mean and peak in both rear and side delts. Article here:
TMUSCLE.com | Inside the Muscles: Best Shoulders and Trap Exercises

Ession

Awards
These are awesome. I started incorporating them recently.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Cool I didnt think anyone was doing them. Where did you hear about them and do they have a name?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Facepulls, they're great.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Nah these arn't typical face pulls, the resistance is at an angle so you are pulling apart as well as pulling back.

The face pull is in the EMG study and these were a lot better.

Ession

Awards
Hey hectic. Ive read articles about facepulls on tnation before, that discussed changing the elevation in which you pull, but the article you posted was the first one that really caught my attention.

When I saw the results, I read the proper method (three inches apart, then sharply pull them away as you get closer to your face) and tried them out one day.

I have no clue what they are called though, maybe you should give them a name haha

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
LOL "Contreras" after the guy who wrote the article and put the youtube video up. Long live the Contreras!

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
been doing these for a good year now really hits the rear delts, those are my favorite shoulder exercise, that and military press.

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
Nice! Think I'm gonna have to incorporate these into my routine. Reps, Thanks for posting!