Can't do legs (INJURY), best Upperbody Regimen FOR SIZE

alih92

Awards
I'm doing physical therapy for my legs, my diet is in check and I do cardio 30 minutes everyday but I'm gonna cut it down to

Mon - 20 minutes + Lift
Tue - 30 minutes
Wed - 20 minutes + Lift
Thu - 30 minutes
Fri - 20 minutes + Lift
Sat -30 minutes
Sun - Rest

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
What kind of injury?

If you can walk, stand and support your own weight plus some dumbells then try a push/pull/legs split, just miss the leg day until you recovered.

So Push:

Bench Press
Pushups
Dumbell Flys / Cable Flys
Skull Crushers
Incline Press
Dips

Pull:

Pullups (weighted if you can)
Rows
Single Arm Rows
Curls??

Then once you are recovered and ready to throw in a leg day start on the Squats and Deadlifts, keep your push & pull days the same.

For size, eat eat eat. I alternate between 5x3, 5x5 and 3x10 to keep my body guessing. I like the 5x3 because I can move more weight :) but 3 rep sets are really more for strength. But with more strength will come more size I think.......

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Looks good, just remember that if your already pushing yourself with cardio atm and your not lifting, once you start lifting you will have to lower your cardio intensity a bit, consider the 20mins cardio before lifting just a warmup to get the blood flowing, I over did cardio once and its not fun, couldnt do anything for 2 weeks cause of a headache.

I think the best routine would be HST and I have also heard DC training is good too for size but I heard its only for experienced lifters and its a bit more brutal, I doubt it would be best for a cut. Lots of people have had great results with HST on a cut so you might wanna go with that.

alih92

Awards
I'm thinking of doing a similar routine to what you posted BassGuy but this:

Push:
3x10 Dips
3x10 Crossovers
3x10 Skull crushers
3x5 Shoulder Presses
3x8 Upright Rows

Pull:
3x10 Pullups
3x10 Curls DB Alternating
3x8 Reverse Grip Barbell Rows
3x8 Lat Pulldowns

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
It looks like a good solid start.

I tend to put together a workout, run it for 2 or 3 weeks and tweak it along the way.

Once it is tweaked and I am comfortable with the lifts and got a good feeling for how many sets/reps I can lift at a certain weight I will run it for several more weeks upping the weight each week.

Then I'll switch it around and add new lifts and mess things about.

All about getting a feel for how your body responds to different things, just don't put together a workout you like and then run it forever..........will get boring and you won't see the best results.

And if its mass you want remember to keep eating big :)

Good luck man