should i go workout?!!!!!!

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone,
sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but i am going nuts sitting and doing nothing. I had an ACL reconstruction just this past Wednesday and Ive been sitting at home since using a CPM machine/ icing/ exercises for my knee.. Today, I feel really good today, and i wanted to workout upper body... i feel so lazy and fat sitting here!!! ahh

so... should I? what are the risks?

The doctor says i can, but he said i wouldnt feel like it.. YEAH RIGHT!! he did say not to get it sweaty or wet. and the gym is super dirty.. i dont wanna get it infected. any tips? :)

THANK YOU !!!!!!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
wrap it once with gauze. wrap around that with saran wrap. wrap all that with an ace bandage.

then don't do anything to mess it up!

redrocket399

Awards
  • Established
haha sweeet dude! Do you think it will be a problem if it gets a lil sweaty? on the stitches? is that a big concern?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
if you have it wrapped, you'll probably be fine.

Just make sure you use some rubbing alcohol on it or something like that to clean it immediately post workout.

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
rubbing alcohol? won't that sting like a bitch? i'd go with peroxide.

i've never had major surgery like that but i'd expect it's hard for you to get around. so be sure to have a guy there to help you get the weights up and stuff. g'luck

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
rubbing alcohol? won't that sting like a bitch? i'd go with peroxide.

i've never had major surgery like that but i'd expect it's hard for you to get around. so be sure to have a guy there to help you get the weights up and stuff. g'luck
haha thats what i meant

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
I have had both my ACL's done about 4 years apart. Both times I was back in the gym hitting upper body within a week.

Did you get stitches or staples or the fabric stitches? If you got just the fabic stitches that stick to your skin, I would avoid getting them too wet...at least for another week. I had staples the first time, and no problems. I had the fabric things the second time, and split my scar open towards the top when I got it wet and sweaty. Now my scar is about double wide in that area...and sticks out.

I also had fabric stitches on my biceps reconnection surgery I just had in February and had problems with them sticking, but didn't bust it open. Positive for me, is I could care less about what a scar looks like, and I just kept working as the stitches were popping off.

I would use peroxide to clean it afterwards if you think you got some crap in it.

You aren't even supposed to be taking showers yet are you?

Jurassic

Jurassic

Awards
I would do a kickass bodyweight workout to avoid straining yourself too much while recovering from such major surgery. use slow negatives with perfect form, throw in some statics.