No more gym membership.. Home workout?

ammoarsenal

ammoarsenal

Awards
  • Established
I recently moved and haven't gotten a new gym memberhip.
Instead, the new house has a bowflex with weight extensions, pull up bar,
perfect pushup grips, and a set of adjustable dumbell that go up to
45lbs. Should I breakdown and get another gym membership of is this enough?
I am interested in gaining muscle and keeping bodyfat off. And if I don't do free
weights for a while and just do the bowflex, how will that effect my
overall strength?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I recently moved and haven't gotten a new gym memberhip.
Instead, the new house has a bowflex with weight extensions, pull up bar,
perfect pushup grips, and a set of adjustable dumbell that go up to
45lbs. Should I breakdown and get another gym membership of is this enough?
I am interested in gaining muscle and keeping bodyfat off. And if I don't do free
weights for a while and just do the bowflex, how will that effect my
overall strength?
I was dumb enough to buy a bowflex a few years ago. One of the worst products I ever bought. I didn't gain anything AND I WAS CURLING THE EQUIVALENT TO 95 LBS WITH ONE ARM...according to their machine. I guess 95lbs on the bowflex means 20 lbs of actual weight.

ammoarsenal

ammoarsenal

Awards
  • Established
I also have dumbells, but I tried chest on it yesterday and I'm
very sore

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I also have dumbells, but I tried chest on it yesterday and I'm
very sore
try benching the weight you're using with the bowflex with free weights, it's a big difference. idk if you have the model with the plates or the "power rod" one. I had the power rod model.

ammoarsenal

ammoarsenal

Awards
  • Established
try benching the weight you're using with the bowflex with free weights, it's a big difference. idk if you have the model with the plates or the "power rod" one. I had the power rod model.
I don't have acess to free weights bro.... Just the bowflex and ya there is a bit of a difference but isn't too far off. For example on incline bench on bowflex I rep 80 lbs on each side ( which adds up to repping 160. But on free weights I rep off 185 for the same amount of reps

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I don't have acess to free weights bro.... Just the bowflex and ya there is a bit of a difference but isn't too far off. For example on incline bench on bowflex I rep 80 lbs on each side ( which adds up to repping 160. But on free weights I rep off 185 for the same amount of reps
what model do you have? I had the "Blaze"

shizz702

shizz702

Awards
If you can afford it, get yourself a power rack and a set of free weights and you have yourself a viable home gym that will last you a lifetime.

deadlift18

Awards
I agree save up. I bought power blocks that go up to 50lbs. Very usefull and i also have a pull up bar. But for chest you NEED HEAVY WEIGHTS and for legs and back.

MHA

Awards
  • Established
Yup, I maxed out blowflex bench today. 500lbs!

Lol!

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Theres nothing like the gym environment...

Lets put it this way, you'll never have cute girls walking around your home gym for motivation...

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In march I bought a rack with over 600lbs of weight. So much happier than constantly waiting around to use equipment.

Also, there are some good adjustable db's out there, I just found the ones by ironmaster, which I think are the route I am going to go