No more gym membership.. Home workout?

  1. No more gym membership.. Home workout?


    I recently moved and haven't gotten a new gym memberhip.
    Instead, the new house has a bowflex with weight extensions, pull up bar,
    perfect pushup grips, and a set of adjustable dumbell that go up to
    45lbs. Should I breakdown and get another gym membership of is this enough?
    I am interested in gaining muscle and keeping bodyfat off. And if I don't do free
    weights for a while and just do the bowflex, how will that effect my
    overall strength?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by ammoarsenal View Post
    I recently moved and haven't gotten a new gym memberhip.
    Instead, the new house has a bowflex with weight extensions, pull up bar,
    perfect pushup grips, and a set of adjustable dumbell that go up to
    45lbs. Should I breakdown and get another gym membership of is this enough?
    I am interested in gaining muscle and keeping bodyfat off. And if I don't do free
    weights for a while and just do the bowflex, how will that effect my
    overall strength?
    I was dumb enough to buy a bowflex a few years ago. One of the worst products I ever bought. I didn't gain anything AND I WAS CURLING THE EQUIVALENT TO 95 LBS WITH ONE ARM...according to their machine. I guess 95lbs on the bowflex means 20 lbs of actual weight.

  3. I also have dumbells, but I tried chest on it yesterday and I'm
    very sore
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by ammoarsenal View Post
    I also have dumbells, but I tried chest on it yesterday and I'm
    very sore
    try benching the weight you're using with the bowflex with free weights, it's a big difference. idk if you have the model with the plates or the "power rod" one. I had the power rod model.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    try benching the weight you're using with the bowflex with free weights, it's a big difference. idk if you have the model with the plates or the "power rod" one. I had the power rod model.
    I don't have acess to free weights bro.... Just the bowflex and ya there is a bit of a difference but isn't too far off. For example on incline bench on bowflex I rep 80 lbs on each side ( which adds up to repping 160. But on free weights I rep off 185 for the same amount of reps

  6. Quote Originally Posted by ammoarsenal View Post
    I don't have acess to free weights bro.... Just the bowflex and ya there is a bit of a difference but isn't too far off. For example on incline bench on bowflex I rep 80 lbs on each side ( which adds up to repping 160. But on free weights I rep off 185 for the same amount of reps
    what model do you have? I had the "Blaze"

  7. If you can afford it, get yourself a power rack and a set of free weights and you have yourself a viable home gym that will last you a lifetime.

  8. I agree save up. I bought power blocks that go up to 50lbs. Very usefull and i also have a pull up bar. But for chest you NEED HEAVY WEIGHTS and for legs and back.

  9. Yup, I maxed out blowflex bench today. 500lbs!

    Lol!

  10. Theres nothing like the gym environment...

    Lets put it this way, you'll never have cute girls walking around your home gym for motivation...

  11. In march I bought a rack with over 600lbs of weight. So much happier than constantly waiting around to use equipment.

    Also, there are some good adjustable db's out there, I just found the ones by ironmaster, which I think are the route I am going to go
    Official Get Diesel Representative
    PM me with any questions
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Home made pre workout.
    By EddyRay in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 09:20 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 11:53 AM
  3. My Own Home-Made Pre-Workout Supp.. (please rate)
    By EustisPanther in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 01:12 AM
  4. Workout/Home Equipment Forum
    By BOHICA in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 03:55 PM
  5. At home workout routine...
    By FreezeAce in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Log in
Log in