Targeting the lower portion of the triceps

appleyard

appleyard

Awards
Hey everyone

My question for today is pretty much what the title implies.

My triceps grow pretty well except for the lower part by my elbows so it makes it look like it dips in which sucks cause it makes my arms look weird when i wear a shirt. It makes it look like I have smaller arms than I actually do since the upper part is covered by my shirts.

A typical triceps workout would include pulldowns with V handle, pulldowns with flat bar, reverse grip pulldown with flat bar, rope pulldown with and without the separation of the rope at the bottom, over head with rope, flat bar, or v bar, close grip bench, kick backs, dumb bell overhead extensions.

Anyone have this problem? How would I go about to targeting that lower area?

Thanks!

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's how they're supposed to look dude. Wear shirts that have higher part of the sleeve that covers the arm.

appleyard

appleyard

Awards
Ah, well most of my buddies and people I see at the gym have the bulge-over look (where it does the opposite of mine, it actually grows down there and bulges over the elbows)

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
You will want to utilize incline skull crushers. I put the bench at a '4.' And really let that bar down as far you can, get a good stretch. On the upward swing really extend and feel that part of the tricep getting worked over.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Close grip bench and dips will put size on the medial head.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
If you have high insertions not much you can do. Look at Triple H. No one would accuse him of having small arms.

shizz702

shizz702

Awards
I would just focus more on getting strong on the big mass builders such as close grip benching and weighted dips.