- 05-30-2010, 04:32 PM
I hope that got your attention!
Can someone please tell me the name of this exercise:
1. Stand up
2. bend over Grip an EZ curl bar in a pronated position from teh ground, on the inner side with both hands
3. clean it
4. now the EZ curl bar is overhead, with arms straightened superiorlly, hands still pronated
5. lower your forearm till it is parallel to ground (elbows are now bent 90 degrees)
6. the motion is liek a 'pressing motion' instead of an 'extension' type of motion
7. it works the inner heads of the tricep
What is this exercise called?
- 05-30-2010, 05:26 PM
05-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Lying supine its a skull crusher. Standing up its just dumb lol.
One of the best tricep excercises but can be hard on the elbows, keep your scapular retracted when you do it to help take the strain off your shoulder, and its better to do it declined.
05-30-2010, 07:01 PM
no it is liek a standing tricep extension with an EZ curl bar
is there a name for that specifrically>?
05-30-2010, 07:50 PM
05-30-2010, 07:56 PM
french press is another name for tricep extension(just skulls to behind the head rather than forehead) or skull crushers cant remember which one.
Theres no standing version, its practically an isometric hold on your anterior delt and not a tricep excercise, so unless you have the shoulder tricep ratio of markus ruhl it wont do anything.
06-01-2010, 10:56 AM
That's a genuine question, as it seems to me that going overhead like that would hit the long head of the triceps.
06-01-2010, 11:56 AM
The exercise makes the long head of my triceps burn like mad.
The motion I am doing is a bit of a 'press' vs an extension, although elbow extension is definately involved. I do this because teh extension hurts my elbow joints whereas teh press seems to work the triceps directly more.
06-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Wrist position plays a big role in what gets hit on the shoulders, I am not familiar with OHP but using a supine or pronated grip should make a significant difference. I wish there were more EMG studies on the shoulders. Wrist position also plays a role with triceps but not to the degree as it does with shoulders, even biceps are effected by wrist position. Whenever I do bicep curls I do it with a straight bar even though I could use an ez curl bar.
rombusempire do you mean this, with an EZ curl bar and with your elbows infront of your face?
06-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Sounds like an overhead tricep extension with an ez bar to me.
A French press is done lying on bench I believe.
Similar Forum Threads
- By rugger48 in forum General ChatReplies: 5Last Post: 01-06-2011, 08:41 AM
- By cyberkatru in forum AnabolicsReplies: 6Last Post: 05-11-2010, 09:22 AM
- By fireworks in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 09-13-2009, 02:10 PM