injury question/opinion

beskar

Awards
Would like to get an opinion other than my own on a possible injury.
Doing for DB preacher curl forced reps at almost full extension i heard/felt a series of 3 pops similar to when you pop a major joint. No pain in the joint but a short sharp pain in the lower head of the bicep. pain then went to a dull ache and about 70% strength loss. needless to say end of forced reps. The pain has since approximately 4 hours since, gone to an occasional twinge depending on how much pressure or how i twist the arm. I'm thinking hyper-extension of the bicep when my elbow popped, but I'd like an opinion of someone else, never be your own doc :sad3:

currently have heat applied to it and tiger balm, not bad enough for aspirin or ibuprofen.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Tendon I'd say. I recommend COLD not heat for the next 24-36 hours and then after that heat until the pain subsides. People too often go right to heat which can be a big mistake immediately post injury - you want to minimize swelling.

beskar

Awards
cool, and that's an easy fix, i made sure i got hot and cold packs was planning on alternating, but i have to admit the heat feels good, time to chill.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
cool, and that's an easy fix, i made sure i got hot and cold packs was planning on alternating, but i have to admit the heat feels good, time to chill.
alternating is probly good too. I just know when I was a collegiate athlete the training and team doc always told us to chill first and heat second.

beskar

Awards
yea i always go those backwards for some reason.

Oh well I'll just adjust my work out some do legs tomorrow then see how it feels, hate not working it out that's my weak side, but i hate making the injury worse,
adjust, over come, drive on.

thanks for the advice.