Getting back after a layoff - AnabolicMinds.com

Getting back after a layoff

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Getting back after a layoff

Hey guys glad to see the forum is still active.

I recently had about a 2 month layoff where all I could really do was run and do pushups and crunches and stuff...but I finally got everything sorted out and got back to the gym this week.

this week I just did a 3 day split based on the push/pull concept

my question is should I stick with more of a full body split for a few weeks to get the stabilizer muscles and tendons and things built up a little bit or would I be alright to just jump back into a normal 4 or 5 day split based on bodyparts next week?

I was really chompin at the bit this week to hit everything from different angles...I feel like I'm cheating myself by just doing the big compound movements..but then again my strength was down so much that I don't know if I had the muscular endurance to really hammer the muscles much after the compound movements.

I'm just lookin for everyone's experiences coming back from layoffs or injuries. How long before muscle memory starts coming back into play and so on. Thanks in advance.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  238 lbs.

Get back into your normal split. Just make certain you don't go too heavy.

As far as muscle memory.....it is dependent on alot of things....can't really say how long before it comes back to you.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Definately nice to hear that opinion. The weight thing is easy to feel out...I got a pretty good idea where I'm at this week. It's the volume and the reps per set that I'm gonna have more trouble judging.

Thanks though I appreciate the quick response. I was really leaning toward just getting back into it and seeing where we're at in a week or so anyway so good to hear.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  238 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by indianballer View Post
    Definately nice to hear that opinion. The weight thing is easy to feel out...I got a pretty good idea where I'm at this week. It's the volume and the reps per set that I'm gonna have more trouble judging.

Thanks though I appreciate the quick response. I was really leaning toward just getting back into it and seeing where we're at in a week or so anyway so good to hear.
    Now go pound some weight...

Similar Forum Threads

1. 2 year layoff
    By hulkinghitman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 10:28 PM
  2. h-drol after a layoff
    By bbcr11 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 10:03 PM
  3. 6 year layoff (update)
    By MaDmaN in forum Pics