Evening training?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.08%

Evening training?

Is this true?, some says that when you train in the evening you grow faster?

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.8%

I ****ing hope so, but i think its that you are suppose to have more energy later in the day due to having more meals in.. Think i remember a thread similar to this a while back about training in the evening compared to morning... Preferably i would love to workout of a morning but my sched doesnt allow that, so i dont get to lift until around 9 pm..
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

ive never heard of that. the only thing i can say is around 9AM your test levels are very very high. i train in the evening also though
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

•   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Yea all the good hormones for bodybuilding are at a peak when you wake up in the morning and level out throughout the day. I've heard morning is the best time for cardio as all the peak in hormones turn your body into a fat burning machine for a little while. Don't know how true that is ....but Rocky Balboa woke up early as hell and did cardio in the morning every fight lol.

I've never heard that lifting in the evening helps you grow faster. They say you grow when you sleep, so maybe lifting late before bed time sends your muscles straight into growth once you fall asleep after working out while working out early in the day rips your muscles apart and leaves them in that state throughout the entire day until you sleep... Just a thought.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.42%

i heard the opposite, due to the fact that not everyone is dedicated enough to wake up four hours after they go to sleep so they dont get in the protein they need if they work out at night compared to the morning.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.89%

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemilk View Post
    ... Rocky Balboa woke up early as hell and did cardio in the morning every fight lol...
    You sold me bro.
    Back.... for real this time
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.44%

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    You sold me bro.
    LOL
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.3%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Just lift your ass off at whatever time of day you feel best; you'll grow. Sweating these miniscule details is over analysis. If 99.98% of your routine is in order (i.e. training, sleep, diet, supplementation) then when you train is going to make negligible difference.

However, Chocolatemilk did make the good point that Test, and several other hormones, peak in their circadian rhythms shortly before we awake. But I've never seen any data that this fluctuation is enough to actually effect any benefit. So, if somebody wants to run that experiment for the sake of science, go for it!

The additional fat-loss of morning fasted cardio is, IMO, probably due primarily to being in a fasted state, but you never know.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.89%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Just lift your ass off at whatever time of day you feel best; you'll grow. Sweating these miniscule details is over analysis. If 99.98% of your routine is in order (i.e. training, sleep, diet, supplementation) then when you train is going to make negligible difference.

However, Chocolatemilk did make the good point that Test, and several other hormones, peak in their circadian rhythms shortly before we awake. But I've never seen any data that this fluctuation is enough to actually effect any benefit. So, if somebody wants to run that experiment for the sake of science, go for it!

The additional fat-loss of morning fasted cardio is, IMO, probably due primarily to being in a fasted state, but you never know.
    Agreed on all counts. Too many people are worried about eating mid-workout to control cortisol, timing meals to within seconds everyday, only doing cardio on one day or another, etc.. Truth is probably few of us are at the point where we need to really worry about being this dialed in. I think if most of us can avoid the craving to eat a cheat meal and can maintain commitment to our training we'll reach our goals.
    Back.... for real this time
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.33%

That would be great, if that's true. I only have time to train in the evening.

Similar Forum Threads

1. evening out my arms??
    By bNugs in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 07:49 PM
  2. Ever tried melatonin for an evening nap?
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 10:13 AM
  3. Best Pre Workout Supp. Evening
    By Bryce720 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 12:53 AM
  4. Androgel Evening Crash
    By steve999 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 05:39 PM