knees hurt sometimes when doing one arm rows

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
When I do one arm rows, sometimes I'll feel pressure on my standing leg. Any tips?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Do you do yours on a bench or on the DB rack?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Support it on the rack. The angle is better for lat contractions and keeps your body more linear.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Support it on the rack. The angle is better for lat contractions and keeps your body more linear.
Well I don't have a db rack. I have a bench with a built in squat rack. I keep all my weights under my bed. I don't know if I'll be able to join a gym anytime soon. Do you think it's alright if I just do the barbell row every week instead, since I'm having this problem? I'm trying to gain mass anyway and I know the barbell row is better for that.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Actually, most people can do slightly more weight with a DB Row than they can with a BB Row (after you add the DB together) for a myriad of reasons I'll skip and more overload=more mass. However, doing BB Rows is fine for mass.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Actually, most people can do slightly more weight with a DB Row than they can with a BB Row (after you add the DB together) for a myriad of reasons I'll skip and more overload=more mass. However, doing BB Rows is fine for mass.
Well as long as I get a strong well developed back, I'll be fine with the barbell rows. I most be careful also, because I'm still recovering from knee tendinitis, it still flares up every now and then.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TESTP89 Injury / Rehab 11
Injury / Rehab 10
Training Forum 3
Training Forum 26
Training Forum 7