need help new :O

I

imuglylol

Awards
hello im 15 years old 5'8 127 lbs and im a begginer ad i relly liek pwoer lifting but i dont have a clue what should i eat and what days i should work out im in mma and im pretty strong i honestly dont care for the 8 pack and 5% bf lol but what foods should i eat for powerlifting and routine thanks if you can rpely :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a good routine you can do for powerlifting as a beginner is the 5x5 routine. google it but ill give u the basics, not in depth. you lift 3 times a week with a day of rest in between the training days like Mon u lift, tues off wed lift thurs off friday lift sat and sun off. you do five sets of five reps. the workouts u do include the main compound lifts like bench, squat, incline, row and deadlifts. as far as eating, if u are 127, u dont need to worry too much. eat everything in sight. make sure its high in protein and high in carbs and u will be good. ill give u an example for breakfast that i currently do

Wake up - Protein shake mixed with 1 scoop of whey, peanut butter, ice cream, fruits like bananas and berries, 2 eggs, oatmeal oats, milk and ice, and flaxseed.

30 min later - 8 egg whites (i boil them) with a bowl of oatmeal and a bowl of fruit

good luck man!

I

imuglylol

Awards
thank you that relly helped also lets say on monday which muscles do i train? and wensday which muscles do i train and firday? thank you alot tho no1 replys to me lol

Grimninja117

Grimninja117

Awards
A simple workout structure would be something like Monday: Arms (biceps triceps shoulders) Wednesday: Legs and Friday: Back.

Throw in some cardio and core here and there and that's a pretty basic regiment.

S

Swoldierboy

Awards
  • Established
no cause ur not even hitting chest. just google 5x5 training program like R1 said. its an awesome workout routine

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5x5 is awesome for beginners and also for breaking peaks even for experienced lifters.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mon - Barbell Bench, Squat, Row, Shoulder Press

Wed - Incline bench, Squat, Deadlifts

Friday - Barbell Bench, Squat, Row, Shoulder Press

Then the next week flip the days like on wed, do what u did on Friday the week before.

This is ONLY an example. u can do what u want or google 5x5 for in depth explanation

B

BRZRKRRR

Awards
you need a basic exercise book to understand. but here goes ---

you need to work from the center of your body out --or the larger muscles first then the smaller muscles ---dont work a sore muscle --let it heal first.
you heal by sleep and eating meat or other protien rich foods.

to keep things simple workout your whole body 1-3 times per week --adjust the amount of work and intensity to increase or decrease your workout frequency per week.

sample:

deadlift

bench press

one arm dumbell bent over row

that could be one full body workout start light then work to heavier weights gradually do about 7 reps to start as you learn more you can go heavier and less reps.

after you do the three main exercises deadlift / bench / row ---then if you want and have time keep going from the inside out --shoulders then upper arms --legs calves then forearms or grip last
the only exception would be abs you should save them for last because you need them for your whole workout to be strong --dont workout if your abs are sore.

when you work abs use weights and do lower reps --about 7

NOG

NOG

Awards
hello im 15 years old 5'8 127 lbs and im a begginer ad i relly liek pwoer lifting but i dont have a clue what should i eat and what days i should work out im in mma and im pretty strong i honestly dont care for the 8 pack and 5% bf lol but what foods should i eat for powerlifting and routine thanks if you can rpely :)
Hey Imuglylol

I am new at this forum as well, but I don't agree with ever answer you have gotten so far. But one thing is for certain, that there is alot of different opinions regarding how to develop strength and power. This is way I will support you with a different angle of approach. when it comes to how you can achieve your goals.

First of all I think that the 5x5 method is super in order to develop strength and power, but in your case I disagree. This is because of your age and level of experience regarding training.

Both BRZRKRRR and "Ripptoe's starting strength" have underlined some basic principles which is very good: Work from the core and out, focusing your training around base exercises (squats, deadlift etc). And I would like to add other functional exercises like the clean (and jerk), snatch, Kettlebells and calisthenic exercises. The downside of these exercises are there difficulty in regards of technique and take a long time to master.

My point is that in stead of starting your training with heavy weights (5x5) use time with lighter loads. This will not contribute in you getting a whole lot stronger, but in turn you will learn how the power lifting exercises are done properly. The key in my opinion is technique. I would prioritize that in front of everything. Why? You are young and a beginner. If you start with very heavy loads and poor technique the chances of you getting injuries are high. You can still use the "Ripptoe's starting strength" program as a starting point, but in my opinion add some repetitions (between 12-20), starting with 20 and work your self downwards to 12. If your at a gym ask the instructors if they can spot your movements.

If your into MMA I seriously recommend you take a look at crossfit ( crossfit com or tactical athlete com). A training method that revolves around functional movements, a lot of variation and high intensity.

If your interested in what kind of food to eat and which diet to follow my only advice is to do a bit of research and experiment. Ive tried a lot of diets some successful others quite the opposite. By some book and try them out. "The sone diet" by Dr. Sears made wonders for me..

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry so much about diet at 127lbs and 15, if you are looking to put some mass on you should be eating everything. Literally lol. Clean dirty, whatever, you should be eating it. When I was young I wrestled at 119lbs and ate so much crap while staying 119...

I would focus more on learning the techniques like nog said, and less (ie, 0) on a diet. Maybe supp some protein or creatine, but nothing else...just eat a lot seriously.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i suggested 5x5 cause i dont care how strong i get, i just wanna be big and the 5x5 program does this for me. and i bet at 15, unless he wants to play sports, he just wants to look good

NOG

NOG

Awards
Hey imuglylol

As you can see there are a lot of different opinions regarding this issue, but I am still convinced that learning proper technique is in the long term most beneficial. I also totally agree with user votum , don't worry so much about diets.

I would also like to empathize on something I think suits you best imuglylol. Take a look at crossfit, because I think that this kind of training would be better for you, compared to regular strength and power training. Crossfit consists of a variety of different training aspect, strength, endurance, flexibility, stamina, agility, power balance. Skills which are necessary in MMA . By using that approach I think you in time will develop a more versitile and applicable physique compared to training power/strength alone. Many pros in UFC, and other MMA organizations use this training method.

www .crossfit.com/cf-download/Foundations. pdf

I can't post any links, but if you fix the one above and you should get a basic knowledge of the crossfit method.

S

Shane0Mac

Awards
I am still convinced that learning proper technique is in the long term most beneficial.
x2
at your age you really want to be using correct form, make sure you have that before going for heavier lifts, you need a solid base if you want to build on it

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
x2
at your age you really want to be using correct form, make sure you have that before going for heavier lifts, you need a solid base if you want to build on it
technique will give you weight, I agree.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my cousin is 15 and he is the biggest/strongest 15 yr old i have ever seen. he eats like a bodybuilder and never misses a training day with me. his routine is the same as mine and hes had great results. but he isnt powerlifting, he is bodybuilding so i guess this post from me was pointless lol