BACK PROBLEMS

deadlift18

Awards
I've been having upper back pain along my spine just a few vertabra down from my neck. Its not extreme pain at all. It hurts when i look down, like putting my chin to my chest. It happens when i do deadlifts. Not so much during but afterwards it hurts. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems like this. It doesn't really affect my workouts, just mostly worried that it could turn into something worse.

Dcell22

Dcell22

Awards
I've been having upper back pain along my spine just a few vertabra down from my neck. Its not extreme pain at all. It hurts when i look down, like putting my chin to my chest. It happens when i do deadlifts. Not so much during but afterwards it hurts. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems like this. It doesn't really affect my workouts, just mostly worried that it could turn into something worse.
just this week i injured my back, also mid-back, lil lower tho, on the right side along the spine. been a "knot"/discomfort there for long time, spanning back to before I trained. had done a heavy workout wed. (including deads), no problems/unusual pain etc etc. thurs. was at work and simply did an upward reach stretch and held for like 30 sec. and then lowered my arms n took a few steps and wham- my back seized up hard, it was gripping n hard to breathe, n move well. next morning couldnt straighten my back upon rolling outta bed. went to the doc n he said i over-stretched the problem area (activating the stretch-reflex/contraction, causing the already tight musculature to seize). had to take a couple days off work, n much worse- have to avoid training or do things that avoid much back involvement (good luck right?). i have never had something like this happen but the nagging pain like you describe was a warning sign i ignored for a long time. not to say yours n mine are the same but be careful man, best wishes for health/healing