Push Down Tricep

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
What is a good substitute for Tricep pushdown if you don't have equips for this?

Ironloo

you dont need equipment, do body weight tricep extensions on the floor, weighted diamond pushups, dips elbows not flared all the way down, then after these hold bottom part of pushup for 30 sec. then hold the top for 30 sec try to shoot for 6minutes these are all great for triceps.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you have counter tops in your kitchen that meet, forming a right angle, you can do dips there. You won't have anything to grip so your palms will be laying flat on the counter, but it's actually not really a problem at all. I've done them before and sometimes I'll just go down to stretch out my triceps and chest. But if you're working out at home and you need something for chest and triceps (and front delts), dips in the kitchen work! ;)

Or if you can't do these, do some bench dips (aka reverse pushups).

drvinnybombat

Awards
If you have something to hang it from, you can make something similar to gymnastics rings with 1" webbing and a few feet of PVC pipe. $10!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/shenandoah/Grunt/Bodyweight.html

It's not a lot of trouble really, and you can do 90% of bodyweight exercises.

Specifically, for press-downs, I would do ring dips with one leg straight forward on a chair. It's a better exercise.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
skull crushers all you need is weights.if you do not have a bench you can lay on the floor and do them they can be done with ez-bar or db

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
skull crushers all you need is weights.if you do not have a bench you can lay on the floor and do them they can be done with ez-bar or db
With skulls you really need a longer range of motion that what you could get lying on the floor.

If you didn't have a bench but you had the bar, I'd recommend standing triceps extensions. Very, very similar to skulls.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to make a compact dip station.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for all the advice it's a great help!