how much should i work out?

J

johnstump

Awards
If i have a push pull legs split. and for push i working chest and shoulders. how many exercises do i do for chest? currently i do flat bench and flys. but is that enough? cause i have 6 days to recover and sometimes it feels like im wasting time. and i do just military presses for shoulders. should i do raises also?

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
I usually do 3-4 sets for lager muscles and 2-3 more smaller muscles.

Chest I would do 2-3 Workouts, with 1 finisher. Like cable flyes etc.

This is just me. I'll try and do 12-15 *sets in total for larger groups, and 6-9 for smaller muscles like Bi's Tri's.

Naberious

Naberious

Awards
Add in something like weighted dips... I find these to be way more beneficial than other chest exercises generally...

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
Add in something like weighted dips... I find these to be way more beneficial than other chest exercises generally...
i always find that my triceps are getting most of the work on dips--can't figure out why..probably bc my chest is lagging in development.

JamieOleBoy

JamieOleBoy

Awards
i always find that my triceps are getting most of the work on dips--can't figure out why..probably bc my chest is lagging in development.
try leaning forward a little bit but be careful not to faceplant

glaze1353

glaze1353

Awards
Simple Effective Routine

Mon - Back
Tues - Shoulders
Wed - Legs
Thurs - Arms
Fri - Back
Sat - Off
Sun - Off

Tell me if you want me to go into more detail, Diet Training, E.c.t...

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Simple Effective Routine

Mon - Back
Tues - Shoulders
Wed - Legs
Thurs - Arms
Fri - Back
Sat - Off
Sun - Off

Tell me if you want me to go into more detail, Diet Training, E.c.t...
you forgot chest...

I

itismejoshy

Awards
yes as stated, lean forward for the chest and further back is more tricepts.....just start off slow becuase leaning forward can be akward and if your chest/arms get too far gone you will eat mat....

killamac27

killamac27

Awards
If i have a push pull legs split. and for push i working chest and shoulders. how many exercises do i do for chest? currently i do flat bench and flys. but is that enough? cause i have 6 days to recover and sometimes it feels like im wasting time. and i do just military presses for shoulders. should i do raises also?
On another note.. If your lifting and all you are worried about is if you are doing enough exercises for your chest your whole routine is probably crap. Unless you are incapable of doing the squat and deadlift you should be just as worried about those exercises as the bench press. As long as you are incorporating the squat, deadlift, and bench into your routine you are on the right track. If you are hitting these three movements hard, you will probably only be able to do the exercise once a week anyway so I wouldn't worry about your 6 day recovery. Simple routine I like is.
1) Chest (Bench) (DB Incline) (Flyes) (Abs)
2) Back, Bi's (Deadlift) (Bent Rows) (Pull-up/Pulldown) (Db Curls)
3) Off
4) Shoulders, Tri's (OH Press) (Upright Row) (Front Db Raise) (DB SC) (Cable Pulldown) (Dips)

5) Legs (Squat) (Lunges or Incline Press) (Standing Calf press) (Seated) (Abs)
6) Off
7) Chest

K

kmcart

Awards
I do 3 full body workouts a week and I know this is different than most but so far I'm still making gains and enjoy the system. I always have at least a day of rest from lifting and try and throw cardio in when I can. For my lifting exercises I'm trying something new I picked up on the forums here. And its normally 2 sets of 5 reps as warm up reps and then the third set is about 10% of my max all out to failure. So far I'm noticing some good strength gains and I'm gonna keep this up for a little while. Hope some of this rambling helps!