HIIT vs Strength Training vs circuit

pizzathehut

pizzathehut

Awards
  • Established
Im about to do a cutting cycle and Im trying to decide on what to do for workout. I will have the workouts as follow and see which will best suit what I'm trying to do.:

Monday(upper body)
Bench (max effort)
flat db press 2x max rep

A. seated overhand grip cable rows
B. Cable tricept pull downs

A. DB Shrugs 3 x 15
B. DB Lateral Raises 3 x 15

Barbell Complex
(deadlifts, bent rows, hang cleans, push and press, and box squats

Mornings every other day or everyday depending on how i feel I will hit the bag, speed bag and do jump rope

Tuesday
High intensity cardio

Wednesday
Lower body workout Same structure as above but with legs and burn out with jump rope.

Thursday
Medium amount of cardio

Friday
Upper body again
Chin ups
Front Lats pull downs super set with standing db military press
Rolling tricepts superset with hammer curls
Core circuit ( toe touches, bicycle, and side planks
100 push up as fast as possible

I was also checking if i could incorporate HIIT into this routine without over training. If so i will just stick with cardio.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HIIT
Splitting HIIT into 5 days
Monday, Tuesday,Thursday, Friday, Satruday

But im trying to find a workout Log that has this so i can atleast outline a workout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weight Circuit

3 day split and other days stricly cardio and or HIIT

Monday Wed and Friday
Chest
bench press
decline

Back
bend over rows
pullups
romanian deadlifts

Shoulders
standing military press
Db lateral raise
rear dealt flyes

Tricepts
Dips
tricept pulldowns

Biceps
hammer curls
reverse curl

Super set the whole list with a break till the last one.. rest for 2 min and repeat 3 or 4 sets.. On off days either do HIIT or cardio.

Imn trying to outline my workout now for the cutting phase.. I just finished tweaking out my diet. Supplements have been shipped.. I am on my last phase to start my Log.. I want it all right before i step into a **** storm!

Thanks ahead of time. =)

manny1519

Awards
I use to have an approach like that. My cut program is pretty easy to follow but not easy to do:

3 days of supersets with 7 mins hiit cardio in between weight session for a total of 3 hiit of 21 mins. Sample:

Monday: Chest superset with back, do one excercise of 3 super-sets and then go straight to cardio machine for hiit (sprint/jog) for 7 mins. Get off and then go to next super-set excercise...etc..until you are done with all three excercises and all three hiits. I gradually add time to hiit and add sets to workout as I get leaner. Make sure to not do this on some sort of keto diet or you will be out by the time you hit your second hiit session. I do a carb-cycle and make sure to have plenty of carbs prior to my biggest lifts (hams/quads). On the 4th day is recovery day of just 45-60 mins of walking of jogging and sauna with plenty of stretching and relaxing, on the 5th day its back to balls-to-the wall hiit and weights..try it out and see if it works for you. I personally love it and get ripped everytime I do it.