Is DC training really all that it is out to be..?

Stats
    6'1"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Is DC training really all that it is out to be..?

After doing some research i have decided to give dc training a try.. i was wondering a few things though.
    1. is it mainly ment for strength, or size. or (even better both)
    2. do you honestly see results in a few workouts as some people have claimed?
    3. is this similar to the way dorian yates trained. only a little different with the rest pause, and even less volume.

anyone with any sort of experience or results from dc training PLEASE PLEASE give me your thoughts and feedback on it!
    thanks

Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I made huge gains on it but you need a big gym with a lot so you can switch up your excersizes when you plateau. i dont do it anymore but when i bulk up again in the fall im gonna do it for 8 weeks.
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Answers

its legit, but gains wont be THAT fast unless your eating an insane amount of food
    CELTIC LABS REP
    •   

Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

yo really need to stick to the strictness as far as rest time in between sets, pushing yourself, and the extreme stretches are a must.
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Ya... If u push as hard as possible for the rest pause and stretching, the pain will be unlike anything you've experienced. You will learn a lot about yourself as far as dedication goes. Don't do it if ur not ready.
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Trapstar View Post
    After doing some research i have decided to give dc training a try.. i was wondering a few things though.
    1. is it mainly ment for strength, or size. or (even better both)
    2. do you honestly see results in a few workouts as some people have claimed?
    3. is this similar to the way dorian yates trained. only a little different with the rest pause, and even less volume.

anyone with any sort of experience or results from dc training PLEASE PLEASE give me your thoughts and feedback on it!
    thanks
    1. Both. The logic behind DC training is that strength gains=size gains.
    2. If you (or anyone for that matter) are used to high volume training then it is possible as DC training is lower volume relative to the typical bodybuilding split. Due to the lower volume and natural increase in intensity it yields, one will likely see some strength gains within a few workouts. You are supposed "to beat the logbook" every workout anyway so it kind of forces it on you.
    3. Yes and no. It is similar in a sense since Dorian used some of the techniques in it such as rest pause, controlled negatives, statics, etc. and both are forms of high intensity training. But both have their own respective ways of doing things, and they are split up differently.

Without knowing you I can't say whether or not DC is for you, but I will say if you have yet to build a fair strength base, I would highly suggest getting on something geared toward foundational training before embarking on it as it is a very advanced regime.
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shizz702 View Post
    1. Both. The logic behind DC training is that strength gains=size gains.
    2. If you (or anyone for that matter) are used to high volume training then it is possible as DC training is lower volume relative to the typical bodybuilding split. Due to the lower volume and natural increase in intensity it yields, one will likely see some strength gains within a few workouts. You are supposed "to beat the logbook" every workout anyway so it kind of forces it on you.
    3. Yes and no. It is similar in a sense since Dorian used some of the techniques in it such as rest pause, controlled negatives, statics, etc. and both are forms of high intensity training. But both have their own respective ways of doing things, and they are split up differently.

Without knowing you I can't say whether or not DC is for you, but I will say if you have yet to build a fair strength base, I would highly suggest getting on something geared toward foundational training before embarking on it as it is a very advanced regime.
    Amen
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Wanting to try HVT training muscles more than once a week training
    By East1600Plus in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 11:44 AM
  2. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 01:43 PM
  3. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 07:12 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 10:00 PM
  5. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 12:27 AM