DOMS Question

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Answers

DOMS Question

I lifted back on Monday, and decided to switch back to overhand grip on t-bar rows(something I hadn't done for weeks). I killed it, and yesterday (thursday) a serious case of DOMS hit my back (where the middle of your upper back/shoulder blades squeeze together along the spine when you do a row). After loading up on some BCAA's yesterday, it's still pretty sore in that area.

Today I'm supposed to hit chin ups in the gym as part of my arm workout. I'd hate to leave them out.

It has been 3 days since I hit anything dealing with my back/arms. Since I'm still experiencing DOMS I want to know if it's too soon to do chins?

I'm guessing that since I'm sore, I'm still healing and hitting pull-ups may be counter-productive and over training.

I appreciate any help!

2. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by freefall365 View Post
    I lifted back on Monday, and decided to switch back to overhand grip on t-bar rows(something I hadn't done for weeks). I killed it, and yesterday (thursday) a serious case of DOMS hit my back (where the middle of your upper back/shoulder blades squeeze together along the spine when you do a row). After loading up on some BCAA's yesterday, it's still pretty sore in that area.

Today I'm supposed to hit chin ups in the gym as part of my arm workout. I'd hate to leave them out.

It has been 3 days since I hit anything dealing with my back/arms. Since I'm still experiencing DOMS I want to know if it's too soon to do chins?

I'm guessing that since I'm sore, I'm still healing and hitting pull-ups may be counter-productive and over training.

I appreciate any help!
    DOMS is normal. It usually sets in 24-72 hours after a session, and can last anywhere from 1 day to a week.

Whether you do chins or not is up to you - just because you are sore does not mean that training will be counterproductive or overtraining.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Answers

doesn't being sore (even DOMS) basically mean the muscles aren't healed and therefore those muscles shouldn't be worked until soreness is gone?
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by freefall365 View Post
    doesn't being sore (even DOMS) basically mean the muscles aren't healed and therefore those muscles shouldn't be worked until soreness is gone?
    Not necessarily. DOMS is just the natural reaction of muscles to work that they are either, a) not used to, or b) are unfamiliar with.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

Similar Forum Threads

1. DOMS already?
    By pump3d in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 10:05 AM
  2. Beginner and DOMS
    By nellocon in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-15-2008, 12:58 PM
  3. Doms
    By Sticks in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9