DOMS Question

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
I lifted back on Monday, and decided to switch back to overhand grip on t-bar rows(something I hadn't done for weeks). I killed it, and yesterday (thursday) a serious case of DOMS hit my back (where the middle of your upper back/shoulder blades squeeze together along the spine when you do a row). After loading up on some BCAA's yesterday, it's still pretty sore in that area.

Today I'm supposed to hit chin ups in the gym as part of my arm workout. I'd hate to leave them out.

It has been 3 days since I hit anything dealing with my back/arms. Since I'm still experiencing DOMS I want to know if it's too soon to do chins?

I'm guessing that since I'm sore, I'm still healing and hitting pull-ups may be counter-productive and over training.

I appreciate any help!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I lifted back on Monday, and decided to switch back to overhand grip on t-bar rows(something I hadn't done for weeks). I killed it, and yesterday (thursday) a serious case of DOMS hit my back (where the middle of your upper back/shoulder blades squeeze together along the spine when you do a row). After loading up on some BCAA's yesterday, it's still pretty sore in that area.

Today I'm supposed to hit chin ups in the gym as part of my arm workout. I'd hate to leave them out.

It has been 3 days since I hit anything dealing with my back/arms. Since I'm still experiencing DOMS I want to know if it's too soon to do chins?

I'm guessing that since I'm sore, I'm still healing and hitting pull-ups may be counter-productive and over training.

I appreciate any help!
DOMS is normal. It usually sets in 24-72 hours after a session, and can last anywhere from 1 day to a week.

Whether you do chins or not is up to you - just because you are sore does not mean that training will be counterproductive or overtraining.

~Team APPNUT

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
doesn't being sore (even DOMS) basically mean the muscles aren't healed and therefore those muscles shouldn't be worked until soreness is gone?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
doesn't being sore (even DOMS) basically mean the muscles aren't healed and therefore those muscles shouldn't be worked until soreness is gone?
Not necessarily. DOMS is just the natural reaction of muscles to work that they are either, a) not used to, or b) are unfamiliar with.

~Team APPNUT

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 3
Supplements 14
Supplements 30
Training Forum 8
Whacked Supplements 28