Can you take a look at my training plan?

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Hi,

I have always put my own training plans together, using the web for a source of advice/inspiration.

I'm hoping someone can give me some constructive criticism on mine, I am looking to maintain muscle mass, hopefully build some strength and burn some fat off while getting my cardio fitness up because I want to compete in mountain bike racing this summer.

My diet is slightly under maintenance and pretty well sorted I think. I was going to cut more drastically but it turns out im not as fat as I though I might be!

I don't use a gym, I have a bench, Olympic dumbbells & barbell + a pull-up bar in my house.

Mon Am: Bodyweight circuits (pushups, squat jumps, core exercises etc)(20-30mins)

Mon Pm: Warmup Bench Press 25reps
Heavier Bench Press 10-15 reps
Heavy Bench Press 5 x 5
Weighted Crunches 3 x 10
Heavy Incline Dumbbell Press 5 x 5
Russian Twists 3 x 10
Heavy Pec Fly 5 x 5 (or 3 x 10)

Tue Am: Rest

Tue Pm: 40 mins sprint cycling

Wed Am: Rest or 20 mins HIIT (running - depends how my legs feel after the cycleing)

Wed Pm: Warmup Dumbbell Curls 2 x 15 lightweight
Pull ups 4 sets to failure
Barbell Curl 3 x 10
Barbell Row 3 x 10
Reverse Dumbbell Fly 3 x 10
One arm dumbell row 3 x 10

Thur Am: 30 mins fasted cardio

Thur Pm: Alternate weeks either:

Deadlift 3 warmup sets getting heavier
Deadlift heavy 5x5

Or

Dumbell Squats 3 warmup
Dumbell Squats heavy 5x5

Cant do barbell squats as I got no squat rack and my housemate can't pass me a loaded up bar and stick it on my back :tongue2: so i load up an olympic dumbell with plates and lift it by putting my forearms under one of the plates with the grip of the dumbbell hanging vertically (you know what I mean?) is there a better way to do this?

Fri Am: Rest

Fri Pm: Bodyweight circuits (20-30 mins)

Weekend: Long distance mountain biking (a love of mine)

Well done for getting this far - I wrote a novel by mistake !!! Any improvements you can suggest very welcome :)

Raladoc

Raladoc

Awards
instead of squatting like that dry just doing db squats. And your routine looks quite good but i would lower the volume and add in some shoulder and tricep work. Also on training days do your cardio on the afternoon and training in the morning. Try doing a push pull legs routine as it is good and its easy to put your exercises in it. I'l give you a sample routine if you want.

deadlift18

Awards
put abs last ALWAYS.IMO and i second the cardio in pm