rack pulls or full deads on back day?

aztec02

Awards
I'm currently using charles poliquins adv gvt program and chest-back day numero uno looks like this:

10x5 Incline db press superset with chinups

3x6 dead
3x6 semi supinated decline press
3x6 one arm db rows

Extensive grip work

My question is I have an extensive leg day so I'm wondering if I shouldn't change full deads on back day to rackpulls. This would be to hopefully remove most of the leg work and concentrate on back more?

Also my leg days look like this

Day 1: 10x5 back squat superset with leg curls

Accessory lifts

Day 2: 10x5 front squat superset with leg curls

Accesory lifts

I'm thinking of taking one of the leg curls and switching it with straight leg deads for hamstring development? Does that seem like. Good idea? And what day would you do them?

Thanks

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
i'm not familiar with that program, however another program i've done had
for DL (aka "back day):
DL
Rows
Shrugs
Rack pulls
Pull ups

and on Squat (aka leg day)
Back squats
front squats
GMs
SLDL

I always found doing RPs on DL day was a good finisher, and leg day was an absolute killer. have fun.

deadlift18

Awards
anyone ever finish there back workout with deadlifts? It's a good change up and really finishes your back up for that day. Your exhausted and can do the same amount of work on your back with less weight = less stress on your frame.(as long as you use good form)

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
aztec,
unless you get replies from people who have ran GVT a few times, they might not realize the enormous volume that you already have in your routine.

Now from my point of view, you already have front and back squats which are pretty "deep" well rounded moves with quads becoming most involved at the 90 and below 90 moves. That being said, in my opinion, you would be served well to do a movement with a "less deep" shorter range added to routine. So I obviously vote for the rack deads or SLDL to have a compound move that emphasizes more ham and less quad.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i use to end my back workout with 300lb deadlift to failure i think i hit 18 at most before didnt do a damn thing for my max tho

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
anyone ever finish there back workout with deadlifts? It's a good change up and really finishes your back up for that day. Your exhausted and can do the same amount of work on your back with less weight = less stress on your frame.(as long as you use good form)

for sure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 3
Training Forum 30
Training Forum 3
Training Forum 8
Training Forum 4