critique my routine...

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
Any advice on my diet, routine, or anything else you see here would be awesome...Thanks!

Stats:

24 yrs old, 5’9’’, 180 lbs, approx 10 % body fat (need to measure this again soon), training hard for 2 yrs, but still consider myself a noob. My current schedule has me training about 2 hrs after dinner in the evenings.
Diet:
I’m lacking here. I don’t track it as closely as I need to. I eat “clean” but I’m not tracking my carbs. I eat 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, but want to increase this to 1.5 or 2 g. I try to not go long periods of time without eating, but my bigger meals are lunch and dinner.
Supplements:
Currently on SWOLE stack – 2 Testopro and stoked with breakfast and again with dinner. 2 glycobol 20 min before lunch and again before dinner.
Daily: Multi, fish oil, vit c, garlic, ZMA, Casein (before bed)
Preworkout: (30 minutes prior) waxy maize, arginie & ornithine, citrulline mallate, taurine, L-carnitine, L-glutamine, BCAA (Leucine 4:11), creatine mono, beta alanine
One scoop of whey isolate (15 minutes prior)
Postworkout: (immediately after) waxy maize, l-glutamine, BCAA (Leucine 4:11), creatine mono.
Two scoops whey isolate (30 minutes after workout)
Training:

Monday--Chest & Back (7-9 rep range)

Superset 1 -- X3

Pull ups (wide grip)
Dumbell Bench Press

Superset 2 -- X3

T-bar rows
Dumbell Flyes

Finish off with some fast pushups or dips and a few more pullups until I burn out.
Wednesday—Legs/back (7-10 rep range)

Squat-- X3

Standing Calf raises --X3
barbell Deadlifts--X3

Friday--Arms & Shoulders (7-10 rep range)

Superset 1 -- X3

chinups
shoulder press

Superset 2 – X3

Shrugs
Lateral Raises

Superset 3 – X3

Bicep curls
Skull crushers

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday – ABS
15 crunches + 5 weighted crunches X3

doingwork30

doingwork30

Awards
How come u use supersets everywhere?
yeah supersets need only be used a little, using them for the majority of your workout can be counterproductive if you are looking for strength or maximum hypertrophy.if you are looking to tone up and keep cardiovascular systems in shape, this would be an option, but from your rep range it doesnt seem like thats what your training for. I'd rest a minute between each set at least.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for advice dudes.

I just started this split, and was thinking the supersets would be good to get the blood flowing, especially since this is an antagonistic split for the most part. Basically, I've heard supersets like this will give you a great pump. But if it's counter productive to gaining some lean mass, I'm out.

Even though it's an antagonistic split i'm using, do you still think I should be resting between Pullups / bench for example on my Monday workout.

My main goals is to gain some very lean muscle mass.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
FYI for your diet, if you seem like you cant eat clean and get enough protien you can cheat on the diet eat decent food but lift heavier do a bit more cardio.. but dont superset everything make sure you have compounds lifts bench squat deads hell do that and u can superset stuff after the big lifts.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
FYI for your diet, if you seem like you cant eat clean and get enough protien you can cheat on the diet eat decent food but lift heavier do a bit more cardio.. but dont superset everything make sure you have compounds lifts bench squat deads hell do that and u can superset stuff after the big lifts.
yeah i try to eat clean as much as possible. What protein i don't get from diet, I get from whey isolate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
-MVP- Training Forum 5
-MVP- Training Forum 8
P.brow17 Training Forum 4
Workout Logs 0
Training Forum 8