What's the name of this lift?

abnxtwo

abnxtwo

Banned
Awards
Since I started lifting heavy I've used the power rack to do what I guess could be called rack presses not sure.

I use this for breaking barriers in squats.

I set the rack so when I get under the BB my legs will be at a 90 degree angle. From there I just load weight until I can only about 1 max rep. Then when I go to free squat I can always usually go heavier than normal.

This has always worked well for me when I get stuck at a certain weight. Just didn't know if there was a name for this. (some dude asked me in the gym so this is why I ask all of you vets)

abnxtwo

abnxtwo

Banned
Awards
Its more of a pressing motion I guess with the legs. And maybe its not a power rack but more of a cage you can squat in or whatever.

I know some1 knows what the heck this is called.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Safety squat or pin squat. I use them immediately prior to full squats - like you say, they really get you warmed up well. I prefer to come to a dead stop and reset my form between each rep for these, then explode the weight upward off the pins as fast as possible.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Similar idea as a box squat I guess. I don't think there is a name for it though. Resolve hit it with Pin Squat I would say.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Similar idea as a box squat I guess. I don't think there is a name for it though. Resolve hit it with Pin Squat I would say.
Yeah, that's just what I've been told they're called. Similar to a box, but the load gets lifted when you're in the hole - I use it to warm-up, but I'd imagine it'd be good for a sticking point too.

abnxtwo

abnxtwo

Banned
Awards
Yeah there basically a way for me to warm up at a very heavy weight then my work load doesn't seem as hard.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Pin Squat i do these for good mornings. It works good