Supersets

  1. Supersets


    I am curious of everyone take on supersets. I have found supersets to be beneficial in fat loss and focus in the gym. I had the idea of doing supersets on and off, that is what week of supersets and the following week traditional routine.

    Is this a good or bad idea? I don't get the fulfillment with supersets as a I heavier traditional sets. Just wanting some ideas.

    Thanks


  2. Antagonistic supersets are something I incorporate regularly. Bench with rows or curls, chins and dips, db deads and lunges, etc.

    I'm also a fan of supersetting an explosive movement with heavy set. I.e. I might do db cleans before a bench triple - seems to wake me up and get me prepared.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Antagonistic supersets are something I incorporate regularly. Bench with rows or curls, chins and dips, db deads and lunges, etc.

    I'm also a fan of supersetting an explosive movement with heavy set. I.e. I might do db cleans before a bench triple - seems to wake me up and get me prepared.
    I've done a compound set from Olympic cleans to deads before. I never did it again.... Damn exhaustive in a painfully cardio like manner, more then muscle fatigue.

    I added nothing to this thread.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I've done a compound set from Olympic cleans to deads before. I never did it again.... Damn exhaustive in a painfully cardio like manner, more then muscle fatigue.

    I added nothing to this thread.
    Yeah, I wouldn't do an oly lift before another lift for the same muscle group, especially if both were reasonably heavy. Unless it was for anaerobic fitness purposes
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  5. I am learning that supersets do not make your stronger. They may shape and help with muscle size, but I noticed there are no strength advantages. I could be wrong.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyIOSOS View Post
    I am learning that supersets do not make your stronger. They may shape and help with muscle size, but I noticed there are no strength advantages. I could be wrong.
    Depends on the movement. I hit my highest bench (360x1) when supersetted with db drag curls and a lat stretch.

    Deads and squats, however, I find to be too intense to superset with something if you are maxing out.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  7. trying to superset two heavy lifts kills me. when i do arms though i like to do triceps and biceps back to back. saves time, keeps heart rate high, and while bi or tri is working, the other is forced to rest so i dont feel any lack of strength.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Depends on the movement. I hit my highest bench (360x1) when supersetted with db drag curls and a lat stretch.

    Deads and squats, however, I find to be too intense to superset with something if you are maxing out.
    forgot where it was but i read somewhere that if u do biceps before bench its supposed to be good for maxing out. something about it adds support to the elbows from the pump and the biceps relax more to help the triceps contract harder? ive still yet to try it but i prolly will soon
    CELTIC LABS REP

  9. Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    forgot where it was but i read somewhere that if u do biceps before bench its supposed to be good for maxing out. something about it adds support to the elbows from the pump and the biceps relax more to help the triceps contract harder? ive still yet to try it but i prolly will soon
    Interesting. I have started to work biceps on my chest day, I may perform biceps exercises first.

    Back to my questions; are supersets beneficial? Can they make your stronger?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyIOSOS View Post
    Interesting. I have started to work biceps on my chest day, I may perform biceps exercises first.

    Back to my questions; are supersets beneficial? Can they make your stronger?
    they will help build muscular endurance, but as far as stronger. i think the best way to go about that would be low reps and long rest periods. im sure they will work better than doing nothing tho
    CELTIC LABS REP
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. new workout with supersets
    By hounded66 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 05:33 PM
  2. bicep/tricep supersets
    By browns1234 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 07:22 AM
  3. Supersets and Trisets
    By Joshua86 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 11:10 AM
  4. Max OT or Supersets for weightloss
    By Deccadick in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Log in
Log in