trying to bulk with bodyweight??

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
I am looking to bulk up and need a rountine that will let me do this at home with little to no weight equipment! I only have 15lb dumbbells and a set of 20lbers. They in theroy are to light for me i used to curl 30's in the gym but i have no money to buy any equipment or have a gym membership anymore. Does anyone have a great body weight workout? or liek towels i heard for soem exercises I need one bad been trying to figure it out but cant thing of anything!! Please help I wanna keep bulking up! I have a hour to train mon-fri

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
If you can get a pull up bar in your house (they are cheap)

Press ups, dips, pull ups, chin ups, jump squats. (put your dumbbells in a rucksack and wear it for all exercises)

Pull ups and chin ups will hit your back and biceps better than curls anyway and your 172lb bodyweight is much bigger than the 2 x 30lb dumbells you used to curl at the gym

Just be creative: logs, rocks, bags of sand......they are all heavy and not expensive.
Just be careful as its much easier to hurt yourself with oddly balanced objects than with round balanced weights with grippy knurled bars

Good luck man

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. I am thinking that a pull up bar is a must! Any idea liek a mon,wed,friday split? Or just do like pulls up,dips,jumps, quick sprints everyday?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
damn. its hard with no equipment to do anything.

pullups
dips (you can do these off a chair with your feet on a table)
pushups
good mornings
curls (using your vacuum - probably 30 pounds)
deadlift one side of your couch till failure

etc. you gotta get very and i do mean very creative. 1 gallon containers of milk filled with sand, sandbags, very large rocks, anything can be used, you've just got to wander around your house thinking "what could i pick up and how".

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
Well, I split my workout like this:

Chest/Triceps - Monday
Abs/Core - Tuesday
Back/Biceps - Thursday
Legs - Weekend

So maybe?

Monday - 4 sets 10 reps weighted pressups (hands wide apart)
4 sets 10 reps weighted dips (not sure what you would use for this - 2 chairs maybe?)
3 sets 10 reps weighted pressups (hands close together)
3 sets 10 reps dumbbell pullovers

Tuesday - some situps
some weighted crunches
a selection of other core exercises

Thursday - 50 pull ups (overhand grip - hands wide apart) as many sets as you need to
do 50
3 sets 10 reps reverse flyes - with your dumbbells
50 chin ups (underhand grip - hands shoulder width apart)

Saturday - 4 sets 10 reps weighted sumo squats
4 sets 10 reps jump squats
Some lunges with your dumbbells

This just a quick few ideas - hopefully some of the more experienced guys will chip in their ideas too.
Hope that helps

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
anyone have a actual routine? that is liek proven? Theses ideas are great so far just dont know how far they will get me..

sub001

Awards
I did no research so it could be fake and he could be juiced and have a home gym, but youtube "hannibal for king", it's some guy working out on a playground with only his body weight and he is built.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
seems wrong i think it is a fake but thanks

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
So i guess no real routines are out there for body weight haha. I am trying for 16in arms while be able to have funcanol strentgh

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
you have to think of it this way, doing that stuff is better than doing nothing,
and as long as youre tearing the muscle fibers down you will grow.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So i guess no real routines are out there for body weight haha. I am trying for 16in arms while be able to have funcanol strentgh
Goof luck adding inches to your arms, let alone your body with no equipment :/

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
get the extreme gym pull up bar it's like less than $30 at walmart gnc etc you can use it for pull ups. chins, dips, pushups etc. doing pushups hit all angles feet up on bed, regular push ups, hands on bed. and use Water. I know ALOT of people who are jacked and have no regular weights to lift (won't say where i know them from lol)

dave12

Awards
  • Established
I am looking to bulk up and need a rountine that will let me do this at home with little to no weight equipment! I only have 15lb dumbbells and a set of 20lbers. They in theroy are to light for me i used to curl 30's in the gym but i have no money to buy any equipment or have a gym membership anymore. Does anyone have a great body weight workout? or liek towels i heard for soem exercises I need one bad been trying to figure it out but cant thing of anything!! Please help I wanna keep bulking up! I have a hour to train mon-fri
Step 1: Get arrested for public indecency.
Step 2: In court show your **** to the judge.
Step 3: Try to make a plea agreement for 2-3 months in county jail.
Step 4: While in jail mimic what everyone that's heyooge is doing.
Step 5: Use the post-incarceration services to find a job that will allow you to pay for gym membership.

Integral to this plan is to pay close attention to what the huge guys are doing, but never to talk to them, lest they beat you up and make you smuggle weed in the jail in your butt. Additionally, at no point mention why you are in jail. Say you didn't pay child support or something. Sexualizing chats in jail is always a bad idea, unless you have a smokin hot girlfriend you can trade pics of for extra food.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Step 1: Get arrested for public indecency.
Step 2: In court show your **** to the judge.
Step 3: Try to make a plea agreement for 2-3 months in county jail.
Step 4: While in jail mimic what everyone that's heyooge is doing.
Step 5: Use the post-incarceration services to find a job that will allow you to pay for gym membership.

Integral to this plan is to pay close attention to what the huge guys are doing, but never to talk to them, lest they beat you up and make you smuggle weed in the jail in your butt. Additionally, at no point mention why you are in jail. Say you didn't pay child support or something. Sexualizing chats in jail is always a bad idea, unless you have a smokin hot girlfriend you can trade pics of for extra food.
And never ever drop the soap

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Dropping soap is acceptable if you are imposing enough. (Or a flaming homosexual.) As examples Mr. T circa 1982 or Boy George, respectively.
Boy George imposing; Mr T flaming Homosexual :dunno:
lol

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I work at Juvenile Hall where they have no equipment and this is what the kids do

Planks
Military push ups -> Also known as burpees by the gang related population
Diamond push ups
Lunges with any weights you can haul
One legged squats
Pull ups
Dips would be great if you find a pull up bar

They also roll up their mattress with all their belongings in the middle and curl.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
I work at Juvenile Hall where they have no equipment and this is what the kids do

Planks
Military push ups -> Also known as burpees by the gang related population
Diamond push ups
Lunges with any weights you can haul
One legged squats
Pull ups
Dips would be great if you find a pull up bar

They also roll up their mattress with all their belongings in the middle and curl.
This is essentially what I was getting at, a lot of creativity and going by feel. Every variation of push up, pull up, body weight squat. It would be hard to try and nail down all the crap. It just comes down to huge volume and constant change. Greens with bacon might have something to do with it too, but I don't know for sure.

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
If you become a floorworker you get extra trays. Comes in handy when you're bulking. Lol

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
When I was in the marines I had a pretty decent build from bodyweight movements alone. Our first deployment to Afghanistan all I did was jog, push ups, sit ups, pullups, and push ups with my hand shaped like a diamond. I basically did 50 pullups or more per day and at least 150 sit ups and push ups. We ran a lot with all of that equipment in the hot sun as well and it helped with staying lean. Just try to use increasing the volume as a method of progressive overload.

mjswss57

Awards
Look in to crossfit if you can get to a playground. Also if you have the storage space for it get on craigs list and look for a tractor tire. I posted up there to get one and had 10 emails in an hour with people begging me to take these tires off their hand. Got a 200lb tire for free and with 50 dollars at lowes got a sledgehammer and some chains. Nothing like beating on a tire with a sledgehammer. Hits abs arms shoulders and chest. strap on the chains and drag the tire doin sprint to hit legs. Get cretive and have fun. As for stuff on craigslist for free you can get a lot of stuff there. Thats my i did and have my own personal makeshift home gym now.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to try and do this. Back when I got thrown in the can for being a maniac this is more of less what most of us did and there was not one not huge guy there that worked out.

1. Wide grip push ups to failure
2. Body weight squats to failure
3. Sit ups to failure
4. Narrow (diamond) push ups to failure
5. Body weight split squats to failure
6. Pull ups to failure off bunk bed
7. Regular Push ups 2 failure
8. Tie your towel around post on bunk bed and do a sort of leaning curl action to hit biceps
9. Take tied towel and get someone to lay on the floor and hold it and do shrugs.
10. Standing lateral jump. (squat down and jump up as fast and as high as possible repeat until you height is 50 percent less then when you started.)
11. Feet raised push ups to failure.
12.Dips off side of bunk to failure.
Repeat.

Most of us had that work out to about 1000-1100 push ups a day, 100 or so pull ups, 9,000,000 BW squats, 25,000,000 million sit ups. Routines changed all the time as someone would come up with something novel.