Give DC training a try - AnabolicMinds.com

Give DC training a try

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.

Give DC training a try

well I have read on dc training for a year now and was very skeptical to say the least. My biggest issues are either over training or not getting a good enough workout in. Been doing dc for 2 weeks now, and can say that so far I love it. Since I essentially have one excercise for each body part I want to make sure I kill it, so intensity has been through the roof and I am pushing myself harder than ever. I am sore the rest of the day and the following off day, but am good to go for the the next round on the third day. I am already seeing some reults in strength, I was just stuck in a rut and this is helping me break out of it

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

i just started and am in week four and absolutely love it
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  232 lbs.

DC is great if you strictly stick to the principles of training that way. Meaning dont add in and extra set for chest and extra for back etc. Just stick to it as outlined, make sure you log all your weight too dont just wing it. The biggest thing you will notice from DC is the explosive strength gains I love that. I have been doing DC for almost 2 years now it has help me go from 185 to as high as 240. To say the least Im never training another way
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.

I've been at it for about a month. Incline bench is up 30lbs. What exercises are you doing for shoulders?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    I've been at it for about a month. Incline bench is up 30lbs. What exercises are you doing for shoulders?
    arnold press(my favorite), shoulder press, and side lateral raises
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    side lats, mil press, d-bell press
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.

I've been wanting to try and start DC training except due to some illness I haven't been able to go to the gym for about 2 weeks now!

I have been reading articles on it except could someone just clarify what an example workout would be for one day ?
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.

dont have my log in front of me but monday was incline bench, arnold press, shrugs, lat pulldowns, tricep extension, barbell curl, squat, seated calf raise, stiff leg dead lift. Use a weight I can get between 6-10 reps, take 20-30 seconds, rep out as many as you can, wait another 20-30, and as many as you can. Your weight should allow you to get a total of 15-20 reps.
    wed. was something like flat bench, side lateral raises, hiss shrugs, cable rows, nose busters, preacher curl, leg extensions, standing calf raise, leg curls. friday is incline flyes, shoulder press, rear lateral raises, pull ups, weighted dips, dumb bell curls, leg press, dead lifts.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I do DC principles with an upper/lower split and love the results.
    Former Marine, UT-BSN, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, CSCS
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeef View Post
    dont have my log in front of me but monday was incline bench, arnold press, shrugs, lat pulldowns, tricep extension, barbell curl, squat, seated calf raise, stiff leg dead lift. Use a weight I can get between 6-10 reps, take 20-30 seconds, rep out as many as you can, wait another 20-30, and as many as you can. Your weight should allow you to get a total of 15-20 reps.
    wed. was something like flat bench, side lateral raises, hiss shrugs, cable rows, nose busters, preacher curl, leg extensions, standing calf raise, leg curls. friday is incline flyes, shoulder press, rear lateral raises, pull ups, weighted dips, dumb bell curls, leg press, dead lifts.
    thats not quite dc training. dc principles yes but not dc training, just sayin
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ambulldog View Post
    Could you then explain what you think it is?
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JuveCalcio View Post
    Could you then explain what you think it is?
    its not what i think it is it is what it is. all the info you could possibly need is at intense muscle. thats the dc forum and where the experts are. read the stickies when you get there before asking questions otherwise they arent so helpful. many memers there will make sure your blast is set up properly but expect you to read and have a pretty good idea of what a blast should lok like. they'll help you fine tune it
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  157 lbs.

its not what i think it is it is what it is. all the info you could possibly need is at intense muscle. thats the dc forum and where the experts are. read the stickies when you get there before asking questions otherwise they arent so helpful. many memers there will make sure your blast is set up properly but expect you to read and have a pretty good idea of what a blast should lok like. they'll help you fine tune it
    sounds good to me..i'll go check it out for sure.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.

My physique has noticably improved. My advice to anyone trying it is... make sure your joints are conditioned for some heavy weight increases. Keep a log of each workout. You WILL grow!
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Dc is upper body chest shoulders tris back width sand back thickness on MFW. Next is Biceps, forearms, calves hamstrings and quads in that order on WMF. Just five exercises per workout.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  232 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbeef View Post
    Thats definetly not DC training. . DC would be
    mon- incline barbell press, shoulder double press, close grip bench, lat pulldowns, deadlifts

Wed- bicep preacher curl, pinwheel curl, seated calf raise, Hamstring leg curl, leg press straight set 6-12, Front squat widow 20reps

Fri- Incline dumbell, standing military press, EZ BAR skull crushers on incline, reverse grip pulldown, tbar row
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 218
    Last Post: 11-20-2010, 08:55 PM
  2. Supplement schedule of training vs no training days
    By parttimer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 01:43 PM
  3. Training Volume vs Training Frequency!! Read and think!
    By Landmonster in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2006, 07:12 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 10:00 PM
  5. Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 12:27 AM