Give DC training a try

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
well I have read on dc training for a year now and was very skeptical to say the least. My biggest issues are either over training or not getting a good enough workout in. Been doing dc for 2 weeks now, and can say that so far I love it. Since I essentially have one excercise for each body part I want to make sure I kill it, so intensity has been through the roof and I am pushing myself harder than ever. I am sore the rest of the day and the following off day, but am good to go for the the next round on the third day. I am already seeing some reults in strength, I was just stuck in a rut and this is helping me break out of it

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
i just started and am in week four and absolutely love it

Link24

Awards
  • Established
DC is great if you strictly stick to the principles of training that way. Meaning dont add in and extra set for chest and extra for back etc. Just stick to it as outlined, make sure you log all your weight too dont just wing it. The biggest thing you will notice from DC is the explosive strength gains I love that. I have been doing DC for almost 2 years now it has help me go from 185 to as high as 240. To say the least Im never training another way

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
I've been at it for about a month. Incline bench is up 30lbs. What exercises are you doing for shoulders?

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
I've been at it for about a month. Incline bench is up 30lbs. What exercises are you doing for shoulders?
arnold press(my favorite), shoulder press, and side lateral raises

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
side lats, mil press, d-bell press

JuveCalcio

JuveCalcio

Awards
I've been wanting to try and start DC training except due to some illness I haven't been able to go to the gym for about 2 weeks now!

I have been reading articles on it except could someone just clarify what an example workout would be for one day ?

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
dont have my log in front of me but monday was incline bench, arnold press, shrugs, lat pulldowns, tricep extension, barbell curl, squat, seated calf raise, stiff leg dead lift. Use a weight I can get between 6-10 reps, take 20-30 seconds, rep out as many as you can, wait another 20-30, and as many as you can. Your weight should allow you to get a total of 15-20 reps.
wed. was something like flat bench, side lateral raises, hiss shrugs, cable rows, nose busters, preacher curl, leg extensions, standing calf raise, leg curls. friday is incline flyes, shoulder press, rear lateral raises, pull ups, weighted dips, dumb bell curls, leg press, dead lifts.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I do DC principles with an upper/lower split and love the results.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
dont have my log in front of me but monday was incline bench, arnold press, shrugs, lat pulldowns, tricep extension, barbell curl, squat, seated calf raise, stiff leg dead lift. Use a weight I can get between 6-10 reps, take 20-30 seconds, rep out as many as you can, wait another 20-30, and as many as you can. Your weight should allow you to get a total of 15-20 reps.
wed. was something like flat bench, side lateral raises, hiss shrugs, cable rows, nose busters, preacher curl, leg extensions, standing calf raise, leg curls. friday is incline flyes, shoulder press, rear lateral raises, pull ups, weighted dips, dumb bell curls, leg press, dead lifts.
thats not quite dc training. dc principles yes but not dc training, just sayin

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Could you then explain what you think it is?
its not what i think it is it is what it is. all the info you could possibly need is at intense muscle. thats the dc forum and where the experts are. read the stickies when you get there before asking questions otherwise they arent so helpful. many memers there will make sure your blast is set up properly but expect you to read and have a pretty good idea of what a blast should lok like. they'll help you fine tune it

JuveCalcio

JuveCalcio

Awards
thats not quite dc training. dc principles yes but not dc training, just sayin
its not what i think it is it is what it is. all the info you could possibly need is at intense muscle. thats the dc forum and where the experts are. read the stickies when you get there before asking questions otherwise they arent so helpful. many memers there will make sure your blast is set up properly but expect you to read and have a pretty good idea of what a blast should lok like. they'll help you fine tune it
sounds good to me..i'll go check it out for sure.

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
My physique has noticably improved. My advice to anyone trying it is... make sure your joints are conditioned for some heavy weight increases. Keep a log of each workout. You WILL grow!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Dc is upper body chest shoulders tris back width sand back thickness on MFW. Next is Biceps, forearms, calves hamstrings and quads in that order on WMF. Just five exercises per workout.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Thats definetly not DC training. . DC would be
mon- incline barbell press, shoulder double press, close grip bench, lat pulldowns, deadlifts

Wed- bicep preacher curl, pinwheel curl, seated calf raise, Hamstring leg curl, leg press straight set 6-12, Front squat widow 20reps

Fri- Incline dumbell, standing military press, EZ BAR skull crushers on incline, reverse grip pulldown, tbar row